Senior QA/Automation Engineer - remote
Company: IDS International
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Senior QA/Automation Engineer
IDS believes in resolving conflict and building
innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise
with an intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges to
bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex
and multidimensional world. We tailor solutions for a diverse range
of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
IDS International is seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer to
support the Cyber & Social Media team. The Engineer will be the
lead tester in IDS International's Social Media Environment &
Internet Replication (SMEIR) platform and should be comfortable
with independent work. This autonomous individual will be
responsible for manually testing latest software deployments while
simultaneously designing an automated testing framework. While our
headquarters are located in Arlington, VA this role can be remote.
The position will report to the Senior Manager, Product
- Selecting, configuring and maintaining automated testing
- Writing and updating tests and test cases as needed based on
changes to functional requirements.
- Validating new software deployments/installations.
- Automating test cases wherever possible.
- Manually executing test cases as needed when automation is not
- Aiding DevOps staff in adding/maintaining automated testing
steps to CI/CD workflows.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of automated testing
- Conduct root-cause analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- At least one (1) year of programming experience with Python,
Java, or similar language.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of developing, deploying, and
maintaining QA automated testing frameworks.
- Comfortable working in a small team environment with minimal
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as
system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing
- Strong Automation background and familiarity with API
- Familiar with Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban), Selenium and
- Linux, AWS, and VMware familiarity.
- Experience with REST and gRPC.
IDS's competitive benefit package starts you off out on the
right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop
computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include
reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing
recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal
format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a
workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as
speak and hear.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other
insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future - 401(k) with an industry leading match and no
waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid
leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development - networking opportunities, informal
mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of
online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools
and amenities you need to thrive.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate
amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and
predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to
someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email and
we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications
through this email.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: IDS International, Aurora , Senior QA/Automation Engineer - remote, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!