Home Study Writer SAFE Certified, Bilingual English/Spanish- Part Time
Company: Maple Star Colorado
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To apply, follow the below link. Please
note applications will not be reviewed unless received through the
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a
Bilingual Home Study Evaluator?
Maple Star Colorado, part of Pathways - one of the largest national
providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health
services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded
Bilingual Home Study Evaluator.
For your passion and dedication as a Bilingual Home Study
Evaluator, we offer paid training, career advancement
opportunities, mileage and cell phone reimbursement, flexible part
time schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that
your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and
service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day
Expected Pay: starts at $750 per completed home study* -
*salary depends on how many home studies completed in a year.
Spanish studies may be eligible for an additional pay
Maple Star Colorado is a multi-service agency
providing Foster Care, Clinical and Community Services. Maple Star
began providing foster care in Denver in 1994 and has since grown
to provide in-home, community and office based services throughout
the Front Range. Our trauma informed approach to working with
children and families is evidenced is all of our programs with a
focus on healing, relationship and providing high quality client
Maple Star's team is known for its professionals who are committed
to providing quality services, and is looking for compassionate
staff to assist in the process of providing quality programming to
individual clients and families. All job objectives should be
completed according to agency standards and policies as outlined in
the Maple Star Employee Handbook and state Rules and
About Your Role
This home-based position will complete time
sensitive SAFE Home Studies in collaboration with their Maple Star
Colorado Supervisor for County prospective foster, adoptive,
kinship and ICPC families as assigned by Regional Director of Maple
Star Colorado. Portions of these assessments are currently being
conducted remotely due to COVID but do require in person interviews
and home inspections.
Perks For Working At Pathways
- 401 K Plan
- Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we
grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless
discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
Brief Job Summary: The
SAFE Home Study Provider will complete Home Studies for County
prospective foster, adoptive, kinship and ICPC families as assigned
by Regional Director.
Outline Of Essential Job Duties
- Complete SAFE Home Studies for prospective County foster,
foster to Adopt, Kinship and ICPC families utilizing the SAFE
format. All SAFE home studies will include structured
questionnaires, interviews, assessment guides, structured family
references, and the pre-formatted home study report. Provider will
use the most current SAFE home study format / SAFE home study desk
guide which are required by the Colorado Department of Human
- Respond to emails and/or phone calls from Regional Director
regarding assignment of Home Study within 24 business hours.
Failure to reply in a timely fashion may result in the home study
being referred to another provider.
- Review all information provided by Regional Director related to
assigned home study and notify of any deficiencies or
- Communicate directly with county caseworkers for child specific
home studies, with the exception of ICPC Home Studies (discussed in
- Provide completed home study to Regional Director or designated
Home Study supervisor for review within required timeframes prior
to presenting to family for final review and signature. All Home
Studies are to be submitted electronically.
- Participate as requested with a County representative in a
face-to-face meeting with the applicant family, should the study
conclude with a recommendation against placement of a child in the
applicant family home.
- Discuss with the family any and all concerns that arise during
the study process as they relate to recommendations.
- Verbally inform the family of the recommendation being made to
the Department regarding certification, kinship care or
- Inform family members they will be active participants in the
development of the SAFE home study report and they will be able to
read a copy of their SAFE home study report, arranged by the home
- Be available by telephone or in person for Certification Review
- Participate in supervision in person or by phone at least one
time per month.
- Home study updates for ICPC cases shall be completed upon
request of the County. For expedited ICPC home studies, completed
studies are due to the County within thirty (30) days of assignment
and the receipts of a completed documentation packet presented to
the home study provider. Timeline for submission to Regional
Director for review and approval to be determined at time of
- Complete all referred home studies unless the prospective
family voluntarily withdraws their application or the County
requests closure of the home study process.
- Immediately notify Regional Director if any circumstance arises
which may prevent the Home Study Provider from completing the
assigned home study within the time frames outlined above.
- Maintain complete account of hours on Maple Star time sheet, to
be submitted to Regional Director on a monthly basis according to
payroll schedule. Payment will be made on the first of the month
for all Home Studies completed and approved in the previous
- Notify Regional Director if hours that are scheduled to be
worked in a week will be in excess of 35 hours. All hours in excess
of 35 hours must be approved in advance by the Regional
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
- Completed 2 day SAFE Home Study Training and is in possession
of SAFE certificate (please note that applicants without this
certificate will not be considered)
- Knowledge of Volume 7 Regulations related to completion of home
studies for foster, foster to adopt, kinship and ICPC homes.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft applications and basic computer
- Knowledge and use of fax machine, phone, copier, and other
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Other Requirements
- Must be willing to submit for fingerprinting and a background
- Background criminal check must meet the Colorado State
Department of Social Services requirements for personnel working in
the child welfare system.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and a clean motor vehicle
- Additional Information
All employees will undergo criminal and driving records background
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Maple Star does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or
other characteristic protected by law. Pathways is an Equal
Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Please note that initial communication with applicants
will occur via email. Please be sure to check your junk or spam
folders and when replying to emails click "Reply All"*
To apply, follow the below link. Please note applications
will not be reviewed unless received through the below link.
Keywords: Maple Star Colorado, Aurora , Home Study Writer SAFE Certified, Bilingual English/Spanish- Part Time, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!