ESL Instructor - Part - Time
Company: Aurora Mental Health Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to
helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate
about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge,
Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and
Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to
join our family!
About The Team.
Asian Pacific Development Center (APDC) was
founded in 1980 after a large number of refugees resettled in
Colorado as a result of the Vietnam War. A group of community
leaders formed APDC to serve the mental health needs of the refugee
community by providing culturally and linguistically responsive
assistance. APDC has expanded our services over the last 40 years,
we exists today to serve and support all immigrant, and refugee
communities with a whole health, community based engagement
approach through health, education, and advocacy.
APDC's Adult Education Program: Our mission is to assist adult
learners to become literate and obtain the knowledge and skills
necessary for employment and self-sufficiency. The Adult Education
program serves the diverse needs of our learners by providing the
following classes: ESL, ABE/ASE, Citizenship, Computer, Career
Exploration, Small Business, Culinary Pathways. Paraeducator
Pathways, Family Literacy and Tutoring.
For more information about APDC and our programs, visit us at
About The Role.
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
will support clients in providing ESL training for those for whom
English is not their primary language to develop and enhance
abilities to function within their communities.
- Teach engaging and student-centered group ESL classes, which
include job skills/workforce curriculum and College and Career
- Integrate civics education into the curriculum.
- Incorporate the use of technology into classroom instruction,
including administering a distance learning platform for hybrid
- Teach traditional courses such as Math, Science, Language
- Monitor students' goals and progress.
- Address learners' needs using a variety of resources and
- Perform record keeping responsibilities, including tracking and
reporting attendance daily.
- Schedule monthly tutoring classes with students &
- Maintain certification to administer the standardized
assessment used by APDC.
- Participate in monthly Professional Learning Communities.
The ideal candidate will have passion and previous
experience working with immigrant and refugee populations. This
instructor should be comfortable with internet-based computer
programs, providing highly engaging on-line classes to students.
Candidates must have at least two (2) years of teaching experience
with a focus on adult education. Previous teaching in multi-level /
multi-cultural class setting is required. Having an Adult Basic
Education Authorization (ABEA) before hire would be a plus, but is
not required to get started in the role.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Adult Basic Education Authorization (ABEA), or willingness to
obtain within 3 years of hire.
- Two (2) years teaching experience with emphasis on adult
- Experience teaching multi-level and multi-cultural
- Experience developing and delivering contextualized ESL
instruction and/or integrated education and training.
Salary for this role
(based on experience and company
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care &
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately,
and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees,
including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick
days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
- Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no
cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit
Aurora Mental Health Center (AuMHC) and subsidiaries
are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We
prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on
the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are
committed to maintaining an environment that respects the dignity
of each individual in our community. We do not tolerate
discrimination in any form or context including harassment or
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity,
and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the
fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and
welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
Keywords: Aurora Mental Health Center, Aurora , ESL Instructor - Part - Time, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!