Senior Process Engineer (Nutrition)
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Within our corporate headquarters in Denver - Leprino is seeking
a Senior Process Engineer on our Nutrition
Technical Services team to continue moving our
organization to even larger levels of innovation, technological
advancement, process improvement, and production efficiencies. We
take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work
harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- The Senior Engineer develops and implements processes,
procedures, and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality of
produced dairy products.
- Handling medium to large capital improvement projects,
partnering with plant and engineering teams to assure that quality
products are being produced in the most cost-effective manner
- Providing technical support when growth, modernization and
expansion occurs within nutrition production departments.
- Participate in and execute the innovation strategic plan in
alignment with the company's strategy and goals.
- Lead capital projects and oversee project engineers.
- Act as the scientific authority for nutrition production and
- Stay abreast of key development efforts in academia,
regulatory, and industry, focusing on innovative technology and
issues that may impact production processes and product
- Maintain close contact with developments in the field,
obtaining information from a variety of published and unpublished
- Champion cost containment and operational efficiencies while
placing a high value on product quality and consistency.
- Improve quality, productivity, and speed of commercialization
- Develop training content and work with Leadership & Development
team to implement training to all manufacturing facilities.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Chemical Engineering,
Food/Dairy Science, or a similar scientific subject area.
- Have experience with mass balance process flows & calculations,
heat exchange (conceptual, theoretical, & applicable), and food or
- Experience working with multi trade-based vendors and
- Experience with piping layouts, tank/storage handling, and
fluid diversion, mixing of fluid medias specific to nutrition/dairy
or CIP processes.
- Previous roles as a food or beverage processing
- The ability to travel up to 60% nationwide.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative,
results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino
We hope you also have:
- Authority on the nutrition-make process including proficiency
on third party food manufacturing/processing equipment.
- Experience in whey protein or lactose manufacturing.
- Previous experience as a dairy process engineer.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our
work will be.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate
about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed
and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be
where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we
share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work.
Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal.
Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation,
holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit
increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan.
Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further
our company, our customers, and one another.
- At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically
ranges between $102,000 and
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when Jim
Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local
markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver.
We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of
whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights
are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company."
To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret
ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what
you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early
1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global
locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Aurora , Senior Process Engineer (Nutrition), Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!