Therapist - Crisis Stabilization Unit- Sign On BONUS Available
Company: Aurora Mental Health Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to
helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate
about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge,
Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and
Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to
join our family!
About The Team.
Our Crisis Services division is a part of a
statewide crisis initiative that provides resources for mental
health, substance use and/or emotional crisis help, information and
referrals. Our crisis services includes a Walk in Crisis Clinic
that provides mental health assessments and referrals for
individuals experiencing any self-defined crisis. We also operate a
24/7 16-bed (current capacity is 9 due to COVID-19) adult Crisis
Stabilization Unit that provides bed-based mental health treatment,
as well as a 4 bed based adult respite program for individuals in
crisis (currently closed due to COVID-19). All employees who work
in Crisis Services are expected to work on-site with clients, and
are provided with all necessary PPE and must complete daily COVID
screenings during scheduled shifts.
About The Role.
The Therapist on the Crisis Stabilization Unit
team is responsible for facilitating recovery and optimal quality
of life in clients with behavioral health concerns, by providing
individual and group therapy, case management and psychoeducation.
In collaboration with the client, you will create and carry out a
consistent plan of treatment, from intake and assessment to
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, individual, family and/or group
therapy with assigned clients.
- Develop and monitor treatment plans; update at required
- Consult with internal and external professionals and
collaterals to ensure access to needed services and proactive
coordination of care.
- Provide clinical case-management services as needed. Provide
crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive clinical services designed to decrease
symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Assist clients to evaluate strengths and symptoms, and set
their own goals.
- Guide and instruct clients in coping skills.
- Offer consultation to community partners and providers.
- Ensure that billing information is up-to-date for assigned
clients. Seek insurance authorization for services as
- Write reports and other correspondence, as necessary, and with
- Complete all requests to provide the necessary information and
undertake the required activities to ensure timely and ongoing
credentialing with third party payers.
The ideal candidate will be a Licensed Therapist,
highly collaborative and skilled in Crisis intervention and
Management, Assessment and Diagnosis, Discharge and Treatment
Planning, and Risk Assessment. This includes ability or willingness
to work with clients who are treatment-resistant, struggle with
suicidal thinking or behaviors, and/or clients who experience
severe and persistent mental illness. Candidates must have previous
experience working with individuals experiencing a behavioral
health crisis, have knowledge of the mental health hold process,
and basic knowledge of community mental health and substance use
resources. This role includes facilitating individual,
solution-focused therapy, and group therapy for clients. This role
will also include some Walk-In Crisis Assessments as needed and
determined by volume. Bilingual applicants preferred; differential
pay available for bilingual therapist.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
- Master's degree in human services field.
- At least one year relevant experience providing clinical care
to appropriate client population, including conducting individual,
family and/or group therapy.
- Licensed Therapist preferred, will also consider License
eligible: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor
- Knowledge of theories and evidence based practices related to
- Ability to learn and utilize an electronic health record with
- Solid understanding of mental illness and treatment modalities
within multidisciplinary approach.
- Knowledge of DSM-V.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and effectively respond to all client
presentations and crisis situations.
- Ability to document interactions with clients, other agencies
and mental health professionals.
Salary for this role
(based on experience and company
Sign On Bonus Tiers
- Unlicensed Therapist: $45,000 - $48,000
- Licensed Therapist: $53,000 - $73,000
Language Differential Pay (For Bilingual
- $2000 for Unlicensed Therapist.
- $3000 for Licensed Therapist.
- $4000 for LCSW with adults.
- 5% of base salary up to $3,000/year.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care &
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately,
and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees,
including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick
days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
- Eligible for benefit if working 30 hours per week or more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no
cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit
Aurora Mental Health Center (AuMHC) and subsidiaries
are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We
prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on
the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are
committed to maintaining an environment that respects the dignity
of each individual in our community. We do not tolerate
discrimination in any form or context including harassment or
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity,
and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the
fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and
welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.
Keywords: Aurora Mental Health Center, Aurora , Therapist - Crisis Stabilization Unit- Sign On BONUS Available, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!