Company: DISH Network
Posted on: February 14, 2021
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in
annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications
industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge
the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the
pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH
satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S.
corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest
pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live,
internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional
pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and
watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the
wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win -
it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy,
intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team
as we embark on the next chapter of our story. Opportunity is here.
We are DISH. As a Product Owner at Dish, you'll be responsible for
product planning, requirement refinement, user story writing,
helping launch new features, products and revolutionize our
industry. You'll collaborate closely software engineering team and
help get to the nitty gritty of what we should build and then help
our members use it. In short, we're looking for an outstanding
candidate who possesses a high level of business and technical
acumen, but also excels at working through the details.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team and own the
product roadmap priorities and product design, taking into
consideration customers, end-users, and internal stakeholders'
inputs and needs.
- Through observations and interviews, maintain a pulse on our
stakeholders. Understanding who they are, their motivations, their
pain points, their goals, and objectives. Then, how are our
solutions are helping and/or hindering them in being
- Communicate with stakeholders to gain feedback on features and
the problems to solve. Then, ensure the identification of
improvements are evaluated and prioritized.
- Prioritize and negotiate to build the best possible set of
features that provide value.
- Write and visualize requirements so we maximize our engineering
time and efforts.
- Manage product backlogs while interfacing with design,
engineering, and QA.
- Collaborate with product design on design and user experience
- Reliable and punctual in reporting for work and taking
Abilities and Knowledge:
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and
accountable. In short, own your role entirely, while being open to
critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Be able to perform in all forms of communication.
- Provide quality customer servic. Effective communication also
requires effective listening, so be ready to lend a sympathetic ear
and offer reassurance when needed.
- Be a master persuader. This role requires you to influence
cross functional teams without formal authority.
- Work well in difficult situations. Things can get pretty hectic
around here, and you may need to navigate stressful situations with
scheduling limitations and conflicts.
- Be able to communicate the software development cycle
confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Make stellar connections, and by that, we mean be able to tie
analytics data to business metrics and vice versa to drive business
outcomes and develop data driven offerings.
- Be able to juggle many complex projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of experience in software and/or product role
- 4 years of experience in a software and/or product role
- Experience developing within an Agile work environment
- Experience with driving projects with multiple cross-functional
teams and customers.
Compensation: $50,000/Yr. - $105,000/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our careers website .
Keywords: DISH Network, Aurora , Product Owner, Other , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!