RISCSI provides Operations and Maintenance support for the
Raytheon Technologies currently has an opportunity for a
qualified and experienced RF Systems/Hardware Engineer to provide
engineering analysis, baseline management, operations and
maintenance, system enhancement, and integration support. This
position will be responsible for ensuring successful operation,
maintenance, and sustainment of the hardware associated with a
complex high priority operational communications system.
Responsibilities also include establishing requirements for new
software and system hardware enhancements, supporting efforts for
new capabilities, and development and refinement of
operational/engineering processes and procedures.
The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will be expected to have the
technical skills to troubleshoot, document, and resolving system
outages and other issues that may be encountered during operation
of the system. This includes the collection of diagnostic data,
accurately documenting problems in logging and discrepancy
reporting tools, restoring system operation, development of
workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of the
system. The RF Systems/Hardware Engineer will provide support to
include store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis and
troubleshooting of system capabilities and requirements; utilize
analytic devices such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers for
troubleshooting; monitor functioning of equipment and make
necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in
conformance with specifications; support the generation of concept
of operations and provide recommendations for system
* Prior experience developing and supporting RF ground systems
engineering activities for a satellite communications system
* Proficient use of Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers,
Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes
* Experience generating, analyzing, tracking, and managing
* Experience with RF systems engineering developing and
maintaining schematics, analysis, block diagrams, system Bill of
Materials (BOMs), and design review packages
* Must be able to apply previous knowledge and experience to
provide recommendations for development of new operational
concepts, architecture, and to increase efficiencies within the
* Must be able to provide occasional after hour call-in
* Must be able to support occasional travel (both CONUS and
OCONUS). Must be able to support emergency repair trips with little
or no advanced notice.
* Highly articulate with strong written and verbal
* Technical ability to identify and document system related RF
capability enhancements through generation and submittal of White
Papers and other submittals.
* Lead design performance & cost trade-offs for proposed
* Taking a leadership role for design teams and provide
technical oversight to the team members.
* Must be able to work at heights and successfully complete
Safety At Heights training/certification.
* Experience working with vendors for the timely repair and
tracking of critical operational hardware
* Experience upgrading hardware supported by Windows and Linux
* Previous experience working with systems supported by Linux
Required Education (including Major):
Must have a BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace
Engineering, physics, or related technical discipline and a minimum
and 8 years relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.