Job Title: Clinic RN
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
State/Business Line Specific: PACE
Reports to: Clinic Services Manager
The Registered Nurse provides skilled nursing care in accordance
with InnovAge policies and all applicable regulations to
participants and performs related administrative tasks for
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Participant Nursing
Estimated Percent of time Spent – 100%
• Triages participant and staff phone calls to s to determine
priority of care and routes accordingly.
• Schedules outside appointments for participants when
• Assists in the examination, testing and treatment of
• Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge
• Implements orders written by primary care physician(s).
• Instructs participants and family regarding medications and
• Schedules specialist and other appointments for participants
and assists in hospital admissions.
• Performs general nursing care on participants including
administering prescribed medications and treatments.
• Documents all necessary information and maintains participant
medical record(s) and fulfills agency charting and reporting
• Administers medications, provides training in
self-administration of all non-scheduled medications and monitors
• Provides health counseling to participants and their families
on an individual or group basis.
• Assists in the examination, assessment, evaluation testing and
treatment of participants.
• Observes, records, and reports participant’s condition and
reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians
• Provide clinical teaching and clinical supervision of CNA Day
• Perform rounds at the ADHC for the purpose of triaging and
administering to the concerns of participants and Day Center staff.
Documents, charts and communicates results from rounds
• Oversee appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given
to participants in emergency situations.
• Develops, implements, and maintains a current nursing care
plan in cooperation with the Clinic Nurse Manager.
• Supervises L.P.N.’s and clinic assistants in addition to
evaluating the overall effectiveness of the clinic in the absence
of the Clinical Nurse Manager.
• Ensure that exam rooms and/or triage area is stocked for
necessary supplies and materials and that a list of medical
supplies is maintained by appropriate staff.
• Effectively communicates in interdisciplinary team meetings,
family meetings, and clinic meetings.
• Participates within the interdisciplinary team in the
formulation of Plans of Care for InnovAge PACE program
participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings
that plan, coordinate and monitor the care of InnovAge PACE program
• Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
• Travel required
• Overnight travel out of state
• Must be open to relocation based on business necessity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Associate’s degree in nursing
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
• Current State issued Registered Nurses License required.
• Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR
certification is required.
Work Experience and Qualifications
• A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly is
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
• Certification as a Gerontological Nurse
Work Experience and Qualifications
• Three years of health care experience with emphasis in
• Bi-lingual-Spanish, Russian, Punjabi or Hmong Preferred
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
• Must be computer proficient and possess experience with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable
conclusions and compile accurate reports.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and
tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers,
employees, and others.
• Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication
skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence
• Ability to read and write memos, reports, and correspondence
that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts,
and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive
• Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive,
self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
• Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance
with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals
of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
InnovAge Service Standards Requirements
• Safety- Maintains a safe work place. Reports all unsafe work
conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager and
works in conjunction with supervisor, Safety & Loss Control
Manager, and staff to correct unsafe work conditions. Follows and
enforces all safety policies.
• Commitment – Commits to his/her job and to the success of the
company. Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
continuous quality improvement. Degree to which employee goes the
extra step to ensure job/task completion. Takes initiative to offer
ideas to improve processes or results.
• Cooperativeness – Consistently supports management decisions
as demonstrated by his/her actions. Demonstrates a “can do”
attitude by responding positively to instructions. Follows
instructions and works harmoniously with others to complete the job
• Attendance – Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance
expectations/requirements. Faithfully reports to work and conforms
to scheduled work hours. When necessitated, follows call-in
procedures and informs others of absences.
• Customer Service - Embraces the organization's commitment to
internal and external customer service and demonstrates a
customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers,
participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
• Confidentiality – Maintains confidentiality of employee,
participant, and client data/information, and any other sensitive
organization information as appropriate.
• Adherence to Company Policy – Follows and enforces guidelines
as established by policies. Conforms to company and job standards
and requirements. Shows respect for others. Acts in the best
interests of the company at all times. Serves as an example for
others. Conducts business in an ethical fashion.
• Reliability – Completes responsibilities with minimal direct
supervision. Follows through with assigned jobs and tasks all the
way through completion. Puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
objectives under varying circumstances.
• Alignment with Company Goals & Objectives – Supports the
organization’s mission, vision, and values and holding
self-accountable for applying these principles daily and personally
living them when working with co workers, participants, clients,
and all other business contacts.
• Quantity of Work / Productivity – Produces at a high volume.
Always puts forth the effort to maximize productivity. Meets or
exceeds established work deadlines. Engages in a productive work
effort whenever possible. Meets goals and objectives.
• Quality of Work – Produces work that is accurate and reliable.
Accomplishes work quickly and efficiently. Works in a thorough and
organized manner while minimizing down time. Results are
consistently within acceptable quality standards.
• Job Knowledge – Demonstrates a thorough understanding of
his/her job processes and procedures. Integrates knowledge to
efficiently accomplish job requirements. Efficiently uses resources
(including staff and management) to obtain additional
• Communication – Exhibits good interpersonal skills. Develops
and fosters professional relationships with co-workers,
participants, clients, and vendors. Keeps others informed as
directed by operational demands and need-to-know. Keeps self
informed of announcement made via established company venues
Physical Demands /Work Environment
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting, or
clinical setting, and use standard office equipment, including a
computer, and medical equipment; vision/sight (close distance, long
distance, depth and peripheral) to assess emergency situations,
including medical incidents and to read printed materials and a
computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person,
before groups, and over the telephone. Depending on assignment,
standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be
required, and travel to visit various cultural, physical,
behavioral and environmental settings may be required. Finger
dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a
computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator and to
operate standard office and medical equipment. Positions in this
classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and
pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information.
Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull
materials and objects up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations
will be made for individuals on a case-by-case basis.
Employees primarily work in an office environment with moderate
noise levels and controlled temperature. Employees may work
outdoors and are occasionally exposed to loud noise levels and cold
and/or hot temperatures. Incumbents may be exposed to blood and
body fluids in the performance of their assigned duties. Employees
may interact with members of the public or with staff under
emotionally stressful conditions while interpreting and enforcing
departmental policies and procedures.
MATERIALS, TOOLS EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDS
May require use of wheelchair, medical equipment, gait belts,
sliding board, bedside commode, shower equipment, and other work
May require working under stressful conditions. May experience
pressure to meet scheduled deadlines. There may be distractions
such as phone calls, work interruptions, and communication from
Respond and intervene appropriately to multiple interruptions.
Working conditions may be noisy and crowded and expose employee to
fluctuating indoor temperatures, and humidity around