You're a collaborative and highly skilled Chief Engineer, who is
accomplished, experienced and ready to meet new challenges.
Protecting our nation while advancing the future defense of our
world through technical ingenuity excites you.
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space
(RIS) builds world class satellite ground systems and counters
national security threats through cyber solutions. We are a
state-of-the-art technology company because of our innovative
Our employees matter. Your contribution is vital to everything
we build. As you drive the next phase of your career you will find
solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor
team members by sharing your insight and experience. The RIS
culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop
solutions and define the future in aerospace and defense.
The Chief Engineer will serve as the primary technical point of
contact with the program office, the customer and other external
entities related to the program. Working with the Chief Architect
and the SEIT lead, the Chief Engineer sets the technical direction
for the program based on his or her technical experience in the
relevant domain. The Chief Engineer chairs the Engineering Review
Board (ERB). The Chief Architect chairs the Architecture Review
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to 40k for a
candidate with a current TS/SCI and that can be verified and
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have an active
* 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with
proven track record.
* Experience in systems engineering functions including:
operations concept development, requirements management, technical
risk management, interface definition and control
* Knowledge of system integration and system test
* Chief Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer on a large government
software development contract
* Experience in technical risk management
* Experience in architecture development of SW centric systems;
Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
* Experience in SE process development and deployment
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate
with all levels of management and individual contributors on the
* Proven written and oral communication skills, including
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
* Current, active TS SCI clearance
* Experience in an Agile development environment
* Experience with DevOps/SecDevOps
* Experience with satellite command and control
* Experience with ground equipment command and control
* Domain experience preferred
Education Requirements:Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology,
Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program
from an Accredited University/School/College with 10+ years of
relevant work experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.