Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Title: Tech WriterClearance: TS/SCILocation: Aurora, CO or
King of Prussia, PA Rate: 60-70/HrDuration: 6+ Months -with
likelihood of extension or conversion.
Job OverviewThe Technical Writer Conceptualizes, formats,
structures, writes, edits, and finalizes technical manuals, orders,
specifications, modification work orders, and test plans,
procedures, and results. Prepares technical documentation for
electronic, mechanical, and computer equipment.
The Technical Writer manages and coordinates activities in
preparation and layout of technical publications, policy,
procedure, etc. and assures the quality and timely delivery of
required material. The Technical Writer studies materials to
determine the most effective form of presentation and number and
type of illustrations required in accordance with specifications
and accepted standards of composition, limitations of equipment,
and available funds, as well as oversees activities of various
media types that may include desktop publishing, documentation
manuals and software, electronic publishing repair guides and
manuals, software presentations, translations, user manuals,
Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documentation, and related
- Develops input in accordance with Contract Data Requirements
List (CDRL) Data Item Description (DID) requirements to include
Operator/Maintenance and Training Manuals/Material in accordance
with MIL-STD style guides such as MIL-STD 40051-2C.
- Ensures accuracy, grammar, spelling and formatting of CDRL
- Performs Validation/Verification of documentation for Training
and Information systems.
- Provides input regarding style conventions when direction is
not provided in military style guide.
- Interacts with other technical writers, publishing specialists,
customers, and end users as necessary.
- Format and layout documents for publication, and work with
contractors and vendors to accomplish creation, layout and
publication of user documents.
- Provides technical writing and editing of corporate
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Technical
Communications, English, or related field
- Experience in a Technical Writing or Information Systems
- Demonstrated ability to write well, providing clear, concise
descriptions and instructions in well-wrought English
- Demonstrated proficiency with writing, layout and illustration
software tools such as Microsoft Word, Adobe toolset (InDesign,
Framemaker, Robohelp, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom,
- Working experience with MIL-STD style guides such as MIL-STD
- Experience in HTML, SGML, XML Work Package development.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
- Experience preparing Technical Training packages Attention to
- Strong communication and Organization skills
- Efficient time manager and decisive
- An active TS/SCI clearance is required for one position.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Aurora , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!