Technical Accounting Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Our purposeSonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company
redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access,
increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are
a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the
complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and
clients alike. How you'll make an impactYou will make an impact by
assisting with bringing all accounting functions in-house. In this
role, you will be the lead technical accounting expert. You will
manage the audit process, tax provision, and all aspects of
technical accounting. Success looks like
- Proven Technical Knowledge - You have expertise and a strong
foundation in accounting principles, including US GAAP, financial
reporting, and writing technical accounting memos.
- Proven Experience - 7-10+ years working in public accounting
along with your CPA credentials.
- Decision Making - Ability to confidently make recommendations
to executive decision makers based on objective data.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills What you'll
- Lead all US GAAP or other applicable technical accounting
initiatives at SonderMind. Including but not limited to revenue
recognition (ASC 606), equity and acquisition accounting, and
- Responsible for all technical accounting research and writing
technical accounting memos.
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, perform
technical accounting assessment, and manage a timely implementation
- Own the financial audit process and coordinate with external
- Prepare financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Work with FP&A and other business partners in analyzing
transactions, determining accounting treatment and impact on
- Manage tax return and provision preparation with our external
- Build out the technical accounting team as company experiences
- Lead ad-hoc technical accounting projects, as needed.
What you'll bring with you Critical Competencies
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Focus on 'we' over 'me'.
Team-orientated, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is
greater than the sum of its parts.
- Communication & Interpersonal: Engages and listens to others,
adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message.
Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics, building rapport
relating comfortably with people across teams, functions, cultures
- Business Insights: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the
business model, market dynamics and revenue levers, to inform and
anticipate future strategies, changes and trends.
- Drive for Results: Bias for action, high intrinsic motivation,
thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities and makes bold
decisions at the right times. Experience Required experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 7-10+ years of public accounting experience
- 10+ years of overall accounting experience
- CPA, active status
- Strong US GAAP technical accounting knowledge within a broad
range of topics, including, consolidations, leases, business
combinations, stock-based compensation, and revenue
- Experience with early-stage startup companies
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience working for a public company or assisting a company
thru an IPO process Location: We are considering candidates in the
following cities: Denver, CO, Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, Madison, WI,
Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Nashville, TN, or Raleigh-Durham, NC.
Commitment to an Inclusive WorkplaceMental wellness impacts people
of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a
diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign
behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible.
SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a
workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.Our
employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information
throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain
exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all
incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits PhilosophyAs a leader in redesigning
behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee
benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they
are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both
mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good
enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Starting salary range is $120,000-$140,000. Actual title and
compensation are commensurate with experience and skills.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the
care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected
- not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight
weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also
qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM
three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term
success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on
401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we
rapidly scale, and so much more.
Keywords: SonderMind, Aurora , Technical Accounting Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!