Senior Software Engineer (Data)
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Locations: Colorado or Texas ONLY.
About the team:VIZIO's Vision Labs team is seeking a Senior
Software Engineer to join their growing team! The successful
candidate will have the opportunity to work on emerging and
cutting-edge technology and progress the future of television and
other smart home devices.
What you will do:
- Develop algorithms and solutions to intractable business and
- Develop technical tools and pipelines that leverage machine
learning and big data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform
- Push the envelope on consumer-facing smart home products in
computer vision, audio processing, and data mining.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are
reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug software in a variety of
project phases from rapid prototyping to productization.
- Integrate and collaborate with other divisions of VIZIO to
bring products to market including software, QA, product, and
- You have a BS or graduate degree in a relevant field or
equivalent experience. Engineering, Math or Computer Science
- You have 4+ years of related work experience.
- You have solid programming experience in Python and SQL (C/C++
or Java is a plus.)
- You have hands-on experience in data engineering and big data
processing frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop (AWS experience is a
- You have knowledge about data modeling, data access, and data
storage techniques (familiarity with Machine Learning is also a
- You are a self-starter independent thinker that thrives on open
problems in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a hard-working team player, with a "no task is too
small" attitude and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- You are a creative problem-solver with good intuition who
nonetheless digs into root causes analytically.
- You have strong self-management skills and an ability to manage
multiple projects and cross-functional stakeholders simultaneously
to drive outcomes within often tight deadlines or quick turnaround
- You possess high attention to detail. You ask "why" and "how"
instead of just "what."
- You love building things! You love the challenge of translating
a real-world business problem into highly technical product
offerings and seeing it take flight.
About VIZIO:We are Beautifully Simple.Headquartered in Irvine,
California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1
Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high
performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a
significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our
loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we
redefine what it means to be smart. VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees
to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a
mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any
agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited
resumes will be considered our property and will be processed
Keywords: VIZIO, Aurora , Senior Software Engineer (Data), IT / Software / Systems , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!