Human Resources Generalist
Company: Semaphore Family of Companies
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Human Resources Generalist will assist with the daily
functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including
resolving pay inquiries, benefits, and leave and enforcing company
policies and practices. The HR Generalist will also maintain and
update the HR Department HRIS system. The ideal candidate should
exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of
employee relationships, and training. This is a non-exempt position
that reports to the Employee Relations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains HRIS files for employees and their documents, benefits
and attendance records.
- Generates official internal documents such as change in salary
letters, memorandums and warning letters.
- Organizes quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education and work assessments.
This includes anti-harassment training, professional licensure and
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute HR
programs including but not limited to benefits, leave,
productivity, recognition and morale, training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and
supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the
supervisor or other assigned staff.
- Attends and participates in assigned employee disciplinary
meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Assists in the department's compliance with federal, state and
local employment laws and regulations. Also reviews policies and
practices to maintain compliance.
- Works with assigned staff on planning and execution of employee
functions and gatherings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Aligned with company values (positive, team player, accountable,
proactive and with excellent attention to detail)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organization's HRIS and related systems.
- SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or
related field required.
- 5-7 years of HR Generalist experience.
- Experienced in Navigating HRIS systems.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds.
*This is not a remote position
Keywords: Semaphore Family of Companies, Aurora , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!