Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 10, 2024
OVERVIEWExperience a place of energy, passion, and excitement. A
place where the joy of discovery and uncommon artistry blend to
create exhilarating buying experiences-for true beauty enthusiasts.
At Ulta Beauty, we're transforming the world one shade, one lash,
one cut at a time. Because beauty is powerful. If you seek greater
purpose-a place of vision, mission, and lived values-where voices
are heard, contributions valued and recognized and growth
opportunities abound, consider Ulta Beauty. Nowhere else are the
possibilities quite this beautiful.GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPEThe Lead
Cashier (LC) is responsible for the efficiency of guest
transactions and maintaining excellence in cashwrap standards,
including cleanliness and overall aesthetics. Experienced in
cashiering, the LC assists in the training of new cashiers and the
cross-training of other associates, demonstrating the ability to
proactively collaborate, lead, and influence peers. This position
is responsible for driving loyalty results, including credit,
through a focus on performance (sales, guest experience, and
loyalty), people (guest service, and associate training and
development), and process (operating procedures and compliance
standards with an emphasis on cashiering). The Lead Cashier
supports the leadership team with open and close register
functions, associate exit inspections and cashier chat in/outs,
requires a passion for the guest experience, process excellence,
and delivering exceptional results by engaging every guest on the
benefits of our Loyalty Life Cycle and positively contributes to
achieve goals. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Job
Functions)The LC is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision and
values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently by
performing the following duties and responsibilities of the
position (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Contribute to meeting or exceeding the store's goals related to
retail and service sales, omni-channel, guest loyalty (including
credit), and retail shrink as set by Ulta Beauty for the
- Ensure that each guest receives exceptional service by
providing a guest-friendly environment, which includes greeting and
engaging each guest, personalizing service to their needs, and
recommending Ulta Beauty products and/or services.
- Courteously handle sales, refunds, and exchanges.
- Ensure each guest receives exceptional service by pairing them
with an associate to perform makeup applications, skincare
analysis, and product demonstrations to drive sales and the guest
- Book appointments for and support the execution of services and
in-store events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience while
delivering on sales goals.
- Take ownership over the replenishment, organization, and
maintenance of all cashwrap displays, supplies, and impulse
fixtures to ensure guest-readiness at all times.
- Maintain prompt, regular attendance. People
- Contribute to an inclusive environment that supports teammates,
peers, and the internal and external guests served.
- Support the leadership team by completing cashier chat ins and
chat outs as well as associate exit inspections as needed.
- Take the initiative to stay informed regarding new and existing
industry trends, products, and services during work time, and be
knowledgeable about the ingredients and benefits of these trends,
products, and services to better serve guests.
- Share the benefits of the guest loyalty program, including
credit and the Ulta Beauty app, with guests, lead associates to do
the same, and create excitement and accountability to individual
and store credit and loyalty goals.
- Assist in the training of new cashiers, and cross-training
other associates in cashiering.
- Stand out as a leader with the ability to engage and influence
peers to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Drive cashier accountability in delivering an exceptional,
personalized Ulta Beauty brand experience, and following Ulta
Beauty's systems' prompts.
- Regularly participate in ongoing training, including timely
completion of daily digital trainings, to enable continuous
professional development and drive sales performance.
- Collaborate with managers and associates throughout the store
to help grow the business.Process
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty's
policies, procedures, and standards.
- Adhere to Ulta Beauty's dress code.
- Ensure the completion of all transactions, including guest
returns and associate transactions, and the proper control of all
cash and media at the cashwrap according to company policies and
- Complete select register open and close functions as directed
by the manager on duty.
- Maintain outstanding store standards and overall store
cleanliness throughout the store, including at the cashwrap, on the
salesfloor, and in the restrooms, backroom, and break area.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store
standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace
safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Execute other operational tasks as directed. Education
- High school diploma is preferredExperience
- 2 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination
of education and relevant work experience preferred
- Proven ability to delegate, multi-task, and problem-solve
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for guest service and a
competency for selling
- Experience addressing guests concerns and questions promptly
and professionally to deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding sales goals and training
new hires Skills
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., Point of Sale system
and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous
situations, and be flexible/adaptable SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekdays,
- The role of Lead Cashier cannot be held by a minor. Any
associate being hired or promoted into the role must be 18 years of
- Continuous mobility throughout the store during shift,
- Frequent bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, stooping,
twisting, and reaching during shift
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25 lbs. during shift
- Continuous coordination and manipulation of objects during
shiftCashier Lead, Head Cashier, Sales Associate, Cashier,
Inventory Associate, Customer Service Representative, Clerk,
Merchandising AssociateThe pay range for this position is $15.50 -
$20.00 / Hour with the opportunity for eligible associates to earn
additional compensation pursuant to the Company's bonus plan. Exact
pay will be based on factors including, but not limited to relevant
education, qualifications, certifications, experience, level,
shift, geographic location, and business and organizational needs.
Full-time positions are eligible for paid time off, health, dental,
vision, life and disability benefits. Part-time positions are
eligible for dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. For
additional information concerning our benefits, visit our Benefits
and Career Development
ABOUTAt Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are
beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty
retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics,
fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon
services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of
beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than
25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and
emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points,
including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers
a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and
make-up services.We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction
records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with
the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New
York City Fair Chance Act.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Aurora , Lead Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!