Delivery Driver $18-$20
Company: George T Sanders
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Description:SUMMARYAll company drivers are expected to practice
defensive driving, maintain courtesy and adhere to the rules of the
road. Drivers are a very important part of company operations.
Often they are the only contact a customer has with our company,
and their actions, or in their actions, can affect the profit and
productivity of the company.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a current Colorado Drivers License.
- Immediately inform the Branch Manager of any; loss or
suspension of license; accident or injury.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Assist consignee in the unloading and placement of material at
- Deliver and drop off materials to customers and getting proper
signatures on invoices, unless permission for the delivery is
approved by customer or Branch Manager and noted on invoice.
- Pull orders for delivery and be responsible for accuracy and
the securing of load.Check vehicle for safety, fuel and fluid
levels before operating.
- Reporting of malfunction or safety hazard, to Branch
- Insure that registration, insurance, accident forms, and GTM
information, is in glove compartment of all vehicles.Maintain
emergency flares and fire extinguisher in vehicle and ready for
- Maintain invoice delivery log.Maintain clean vehicle, when
- Maintain a RGM book on vehicle, and inform Branch Manager of
materials returned and reason therefore.Contact Branch Manager for
instructions, if customer hostility is encountered.ADDITIONAL
- Perform related duties in warehouse and shop, as directed by
the Branch Manager.
- General House Keeping.Requirements:KNOWLEDGE PHYSICAL AND SKILL
- The U.S. Department of Transportation establishes minimum
qualifications for truck drivers engaged in interstate commerce.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations require drivers to be at
least 21 years old and to pass a physical examination once every 2
- The main physical requirements include good hearing, at least
20/40 vision with glasses or corrective lenses, and a 70-degree
field of vision in each eye.
- Drivers can not be colorblind.
- Drivers must be able to hear a forced whisper in one ear at not
less than 5 feet, with a hearing aide if needed.
- Drivers must have normal use of arms and legs and normal blood
- Drivers can not use any controlled substances, unless
prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Persons with epilepsy or diabetes controlled by insulin are not
permitted to be interstate or intrastate truck drivers. Federal
regulations also require employers to test their drivers for
alcohol and drug use as a condition of employment, and require
periodic random tests of the drivers while they are on duty.
- In addition, a driver must not have been convicted of a felony
involving the use of a motor vehicle; a crime using drugs; driving
under the influence of drugs or alcohol; or hit-and-run driving
that resulted in injury or death.
- All drivers must be able to read and speak English well enough
to read road signs, prepare reports, and communicate with law
enforcement officers and the public.
- Also, drivers must take a written examination on the Motor
Carrier Safety Regulations of the U.S. Department of
- Many private trucking operations have higher standards than
those previously described.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Truck drivers must cope with a variety of working conditions
including variable weather and traffic conditions, boredom, and
fatigue. The various working condition include but are not limited
to job sites, residential construction sites, commercial
construction sites, and warehouse work.
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to
50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment
to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, work boots,
hardhats and gloves.
- Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Need to be able to withstand hot and cold environments.
- The time spent driving vs. doing warehouse work is about
- 401(k) matching
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Supplementary benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Employee discountSchedule
- 8-hour day shifts
- Monday through Friday
- No nights
Keywords: George T Sanders, Aurora , Delivery Driver $18-$20, Hospitality & Tourism , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...