Registered Nurse (RN), Part Time - Med Surg
Company: GEO Group Inc
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN), Part TimeResponsibilities
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a challenging yet
rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are
you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the
highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for
you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based
rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our
growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best
rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to
those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth,
exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships.
Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your
application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Working alongside our Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you'll play a
vital part in providing the highest level of Nursing care to
inmates/detainees while putting a special focus on maintaining our
safe and secure workplace.
* Provide nursing care within your capacity and refer other medical
problems to the appropriate physician.
* Perform comprehensive physical assessment and medical
* Periodically evaluate patients' symptoms, reactions, and
progress, and report problems to Physician and management.
* Securely administer medication, taking precautions against drug
hoarding and trafficking.
* Make sure prescribed medications are administered as
* Provide patient education for Chronic Illnesses,
post-hospitalization, post-surgical procedures.
* Supervises the workflow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
staff and provides input into performance evaluation.
* Document all detainee/inmate contacts and keep medical records
* Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to
their maximum potential is the center of GEO's employee value
proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and
the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds.
Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to unlimited ideas,
increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Excellent diagnostic skills, patience and natural empathy are all
key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role
in our patient's re-entry to society.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an approved program;
graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a
current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in
the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of
license on file at the facility at all times.
* Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
* Must possess competence in the performance of the following
services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical
assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
* Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
* Must possess an active, valid driver's license.
* Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
* Must be a United States Citizen.
* Must pass a background check and drug screen.
* Frequently: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 40 lbs.; walk,
stand, sit, bend, stoop and reach above shoulder level.
* Occasionally: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 60 lbs.; work
with machinery and climb.
GEO Secured Services
Keywords: GEO Group Inc, Aurora , Registered Nurse (RN), Part Time - Med Surg, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!