Registered Nurse - OBGYN, Central Park - OB/GYN
Company: University of Colorado
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Registered Nurse - OBGYN, Central ParkUniversity of Colorado -
CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Dean's Office, Community Practice Division
Registered Nurse - OBGYN, Central Park
Health Care Principal Professional
Position #00795054 - Requisition #25223
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
* Anschutz Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
* Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
* Consolidated/Central Services Administration - Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
School of Medicine Dean's Office, Community Practice Division has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Health Care Principal Professional; Registered Nurse - OBGYN, Central Park position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family are responsible for performing a wide range of professional duties to support the university's teaching, research and/or service missions through the provision of health and wellness services, dealing with general, indirect patient care operations and management of healthcare services. Functions include hospital administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, patient relations, operational services, admissions, and medical records. Includes professional assignments in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, counseling and behavioral health, public health, dietetics and nutrition, other allied health fields, alternative medicine and therapies, and related disciplines.
Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level.
Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.
Provides direct patient care in a procedural setting at a proficient level, in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Monitors and manages the patient in the procedural environment before, during and after procedures to maintain a safe environment, optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Position Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and attend to all age-related physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
* Performs circulating functions before procedures, including preparing the procedural environment, orienting and assessing the patient, and reviewing patient's medical record and surgeon's notes to ensure all prerequisites and preferences are met.
* Ensures safety checklists and procedures are implemented and documented at all times.
* Performs circulating functions during procedures, including monitoring and communicating patient condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field and controlling traffic into, out of and around the room.
* Performs scrub functions as needed, including the preparation, selection, and handling of instruments and supplies used during the surgical procedure and performs equipment counts with colleagues.
* Provides nursing care to a complex, moderate acuity procedural patient population in a technically complex environment.
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take immediate and appropriate action.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes evidenced-based information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses rational thought processes when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly and properly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' points of view; gives and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long work hours when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time; notifies appropriate personnel with plan alterations.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly and with appropriate training and/or documented competencies.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and take appropriate action.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* N= Not at all
* R= Rarely: Less than once an hour
* O= Occasional: 1-4 times/hour or up to 1/3 of the shift
* F= Frequent: 5-12 times/hour or up to 2/3 of the shift
* C= Constant: More than 2/3 of the shift
Push or pull with hands/arms
Lift hands above head
Walk on uneven &/or slippery surfaces
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend
Use of hands
Forceful grip w/ hands
Reach w/ arms
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Work in outdoor weather conditions
Lifting up to 25 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Close vision (20" or less)
Distance vision (20' )
Ability to adjust focus
Work in a loud environment
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
* 1-2 years of nursing experience in procedural care/OR
* Bachelor in the Science of Nursing
* Licenses and Certifications:
* Colorado State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Advance Life Support (ACLS) required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
* Vascular Nurse Experience
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate) for this position begins at $63,622 per year.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary rate represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado Denver - Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver - Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Registered Nurse - OBGYN, Central ParkUniversity of Colorado -
CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Keywords: University of Colorado, Aurora , Registered Nurse - OBGYN, Central Park - OB/GYN, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
here to apply!