RN Free Standing Emergency Department Nights - ED - Emergency Department
Company: UC Health
Posted on: May 21, 2023
RN Free Standing Emergency Department NightsApply now
Save job Saved
1+ years of recent ED registered nurse experience strongly preferred. Candidates with 1 year of ED RN experience may qualify for a $15,000 sign-on bonus.
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 - $51.27 / hour plus night shift differential. In addition to base pay and night shift differential, full time night shift RNs are eligible to participate in UCHealth's night shift incentive pay program upon completion of orientation. Base pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
Unit/Location: Freestanding Emergency Departments (FSED) - Aurora/MS Free Standing ED
Populations Typically Served: We serve all ages from infants to elderly. We give emergency care to our local community in a community setting
Acuity Level: We see all acuity levels from your simple lacerations to our high acuity heart attacks, traumas, and even stabilize strokes.
Number of Beds: 6-7 beds
Types of Procedures or Diagnosis Typically Seen: We can perform X-rays, CT scans, Ultrasounds, and can perform 95% of the labs in-house that can help diagnose an emergency if needed.
Unit Culture Description: Our staff is made up of staff with several years of ED nursing experience who truly appreciate emergency medicine and enjoy being ER nurses outside of a hospital setting.
Unit Achievements and Accreditations: A few of our departments have received Patient Experience awards over the last several years. We have also been CLIA and COLA accredited (which allows us to run our Point of Care laboratory testing).
Specialty Education Provided to Nurses: Our nurses come to us with their ACLS, BLS, and PALS certification. On hiring, we complete their Lab competency to help run our point of care testing and we also offer the CPI training for our team.
Work Schedule: Full Time Nights
* Effectively cares for a broad range of patient populations and conditions and be able to prioritize care in a fast-paced clinical Emergency Department environment. Places an emphasis on the delivery of high-quality, safe patient care while maintaining a focus on department throughput and efficiency.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to a multidisciplinary care team. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Basic Life Support
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* PALS Certification
* Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
* Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
* Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and any relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
Minimum Experience: 6 months of nursing (RN) experience.
* PALS or ENPC
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 - $51.27 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years' employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
RN Free Standing Emergency Department NightsApply now
Keywords: UC Health, Aurora , RN Free Standing Emergency Department Nights - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
here to apply!