Military Family Life Counselor PRN (Counseling/Therapy )
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Child and Adolescence opening in Aurora, Colorado. AMERICAN
HOSPITAL SERVICES GROUP, LLC
Aurora, CO Salary - $37.14 per Hour The Military Family Life
Counselor CYBS will provide face to face direct, non-medical,
brief, solution-focused counseling services to children under the
age of 18 for situations resulting from commonly occurring life
circumstances such as parenting, relationship conflicts, stress,
personal loss, and deployments and reunions. Will exercise
discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate
information, coaching, training, and education to the children.
- Partners with and augments activities of Schools to build
coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and
non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve
- Identifies family needs and provides a get-well plan in
compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
- Provides face-to-face non-medical problem-solving counseling to
children when other resources are not available and makes
appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community
resources according to the needs of families and service members,
including the following activities:
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs
and materials and advises on requests for new or revised
presentations by military leadership.
- Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals
made using appropriate reporting system.
- Accurately Record all required deliverables via portal site as
- Availability for Services Tool: Must be completed at the start
and end of each shift daily to accurately reflect hours of service
the provider is available to provide services on the
- Activity Form Submission: All activity forms are to be
completed and submitted via the portal within 24 hours of the
initial contact with the client. All forms submitted should be
complete and correct to accurately reflect the services
- Face to Face and Ancillary Contact Goals: All providers are
required to average a 7-hour workday, based on activity form
submission, per week. This should include 5 hours of face-to-face
contact and 3 hours of ancillary contacts daily. If there are any
hinderances to this goal the provider should notify their
- Other duties as assigned
- Daily timekeeping requirements for both Employer and
Government/Prime Contractor. Qualifications
- Master s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently
at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker,
Marriage Family Therapist, or Psychologist without restrictions or
supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.) in the state of
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-license experience working
with children in the areas of relationships, behavior management,
coping skills, child development, separation, stress management,
single parenting, step-parenting, family separation, reunion and
reintegration, assessments and referrals. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to tailor their activities to address the specific
goals for a certain child or youth, family, classroom, or program.
CYBS MFLC services shall be responsive to specific factors such as
the population served, reflecting the values and mission of the
MFLC Program for the duration of the counselor's relationship with
the early care and education programs.
- Depending on the age of the child or youth, the CYBS MFLCs may
be required to provide services to adults (including parents) on
behalf of children and youth in schools, and pediatric care
settings (HealthySteps pilot).
- Demonstrated counseling competence.
- Ability to obtain CNACI security clearance.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Aurora , Military Family Life Counselor PRN (Counseling/Therapy ), Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...