Supervisor Clinical Rehab Specialist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Description Salary Estimate: $85529.60 - $128315.20 / year
Learn more about the for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that invests
in you as a(an) Supervisor Clinical Rehab Specialist? At Spalding
Rehabilitation Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has
committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible
team members over the course of three years.BenefitsSpalding
Rehabilitation Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Supervisor Clinical Rehab Specialist
like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsThe
Clinical Rehab Specialist (CRS) Supervisor oversees the clinical
operations of the CRS and Central Authorization team. Collaborates
with other supervisors, Rehab personnel, Directors and
Administrators in areas of program, professional and team
development. Responsible for continued oversight of the market
needs on a daily basis and allocating resources in a manner to meet
and sustain volumes. This is a supervisory position who acts as a
CRS and also analyzes and develops business development strategies
to maximize the program's presence in the market share. This
position assists in evaluation of the annual budget. The CRS
Supervisor assists in maintaining all of the Clinical
Rehabilitation Specialists (CRS) program functions and patient
intake, performing any and all functions as needed at multiple
locations throughout the Continental market. Must demonstrate
knowledge and ability to perform all aspects of CRS as a role model
for all team members. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES * Manages the site
assignments of CRS to ensure adequate coverage of fluctuating
referral volumes within the market. * Effectively reallocates CRS,
as needed for efficient response times, on a daily basis. * Leads
and maintains onboarding and orientation process for new hires.
- Implements physician and case management marketing
opportunities for the market.
- Coordinates face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with
physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria. Ensures
referral sources for assigned locations receive appropriate and
timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and
- Maintains compliance requirements for admissions, including
- Serves as additional Kronos TimeKeeper for CRS and CAC
- Creates and manages team schedules
- Resolves employee issues and remove barriers for daily work
- Completed Orbit Employee Rounding with Market Director
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with admitting
physicians and ensures equitable distribution of patient
assignments based on patient need. * Manages physician referral
process (referring physician preference, established
patient/physician relationship) for assigned locations.
- Supports the CRS team in meeting performance-based metrics, via
education, accountability and performance improvement.
- Performs on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist
Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient
- Supports the CRS Market Director in operations related to
insurance verification and authorization of rehabilitation
referrals to ensure timely admission. Maintains oversight of the
intake process to assure all benefit verifications and insurance
authorizations are completed. Ensures the Central Authorization
logs are kept current and accurate. Assures fair and equitable
assignment of patients between rehab programs with consideration
given to geography, patient choice, specific needs of the patients,
census considerations, and the 60% Rule status of each
- Oversees the in-take and pre-admission screening process.
Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on
Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner.
- Monitors insurance approval/ denial trends to elevate
contracting opportunities for IRF programs.
- Analyzes the market share data analysis, develops and
implements business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the
development and maintenance of referral source information such
written and online collateral and other outreach tools.
- Maintains CRS caseload to support CRS at the discretion of the
- Assists in the development of a SWOT analysis and strategic
plan. Identifies opportunities where admissions are challenging to
attain, and develops a strategy and a working plan to grow
admission volume in those places, including analysis and
communication about potential qualifying patients being lost to
competitor IRF or SNFs in the community.
- Compiles and presents Referral and Admission data for Monthly
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty with a
minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e.
RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible
for state license transfer.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or American Red
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence
Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient
Rehabilitation patient preferred.
- Bachelors Degree
- Registered Nurse, or National Certified Occupational Therapist
(NBCOT), or Licensed Physical Therapy, or Speech TherapistThis role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).Since 1968, has been in the
business of rebuilding lives and renewing hope by offering
intensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs,
tailored specifically to patients' needs. Our 42-bed licensed
rehabilitation hospital, along with our rehab unit at
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center (PSL), specializes in
treatment of conditions such as: stroke, brain injury, neurologic
conditions, orthopedic injuries, spine injuries, amputations, and
other disabling medical conditions. Spalding hosts the only
dedicated Controlled Stimulation Unit for brain injury in the state
of Colorado. Each rehabilitation program is customized to the
individual patient's cognitive and physiological needs and can
include one or more types of therapy.As part of our mission to help
individuals achieve maximum independence, the hospital works
closely with the Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado and is also an
active supporter of the Rocky Mountain Stroke Association, serving
stroke patients and their families.HCA Healthcare has been named
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Supervisor Clinical Rehab Specialist opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
resume today to join our community of caring!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Aurora , Supervisor Clinical Rehab Specialist, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...