Part Time Master Security Officer - UCHealth - University of Colorado Hospital - Aurora, CO
Company: Hss Inc
Posted on: March 8, 2023
OverviewHSS specializes -in managed security services in both
physical and virtual high-risk environments - keeping the
excitement out of security since 1967. We partner and serve with
organizations in healthcare, aviation, government, oil and gas,
schools, and other settings where safety and security are top of
mind. With nearly 3,500 highly knowledgeable security and support
staff, HSS protects its partners and communities through healthcare
technology management, integrated security services solutions, and
an ingrained ability to assess and de-escalate situations in
physical security. The combination of our experience and the way we
deliver it through Our Agnostic Approach helps our customers stay
calm and focused on what they need to do to keep their enterprises
running smoothly. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company
provides services nationally and maintains a presence in most
states. HSS is one of only a few companies to have earned leading
industry designation and certifications - and maintained a positive
customer retention rate since the company's inception. More
information about HSS can be found at hss-us.com.POSITION
SUMMARY:Under general supervision provides direct security and
related public services. Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities,
or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may
include but are not limited to areas such as the main building,
outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels,
mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional
ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with
individuals who may be showing signs of emotional, verbal or
physical aggression, and to be supportive or directive as necessary
- Physically intervenes during crises. This includes the
functional ability to physically restrain people who may be
physically larger and heavier while making all possible efforts not
to inflict injury, requiring retention of trained knowledge under
stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands.
It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance
from people while they are being restrained.
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could
result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers,
client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and where
applicable of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the
client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader
and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Safely handle and maintain firearm that meets HSS
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
QualificationsDISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS:This is in a series of
Security job classifications. Incumbents typically perform routine
functions. -MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience:High
School diploma or G.E.D. AND or related security industry
experience or equivalency or any equivalent combination of
education and experience to perform the job.TASER QUALIFICATIONS
(required for all Master Officer positions)
- Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed
in a TASER position and annually thereafter
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state
license or permit to carry a TASER
- Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at
the discretion of the TASER instructor and/or HSS
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Conducted
Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS Taser PolicyLicenses and Certifications:
- Obtain and maintain valid Driver's License and meet company
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer and Supervisor
Certifications preferred or must be completed within 1 year of
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks
in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM
training, Basic TASER training, HSS and client new employee
orientation and security procedures and policies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional armed security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications.Preferred:
- College degree in criminal justice or security discipline or
successful completion of police academy or experience in one of the
- Military Police
- Correctional Officer
- Law Enforcement
- Healthcare Security Officer with HSS
- Previous experience working with the public in a service
setting.Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- Demonstrated ability in basic computer skills such as Microsoft
Office Word, Excel, and Outlook, or other job-related software.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance
- Read, write, speak and comprehend English language
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist
people and provide protection.Abilities to:
- Meet the requirements of a psychological screening assessment
conducted by a licensed psychologist.
- Work, interact and communicate effectively with diverse people
including HSS employees, client employee, patients, visitors,
physicians, the public or client vendors.
- Comprehend and execute written or verbal instructions.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Learn other programs such as security incident management
software and/or client specific software, -Work EnvironmentPhysical
requirement may include essential job functions that may require
specific work abilities. See hiring departments for details.*The
schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.*Compensation Range:
Starting at $21.00/hr.This job description is generic and does not
list all essential functions. The essential duties, functions and
responsibilities may vary based on assigned tasks to the
Keywords: Hss Inc, Aurora , Part Time Master Security Officer - UCHealth - University of Colorado Hospital - Aurora, CO, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...