Occupational Therapist PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description Hourly Wage Estimate: $38.03 - $58.29 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as a(an)
Occupational Therapist PRN you want with your current employer? We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join The Medical Center of
Aurora which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsThe Medical Center of Aurora,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Occupational Therapist PRN where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and Qualifications
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, is responsible for
the planning and organization of patient activities as determined
by assessment of individual patient needs.
- Provides therapeutic groups and activities consistent with the
posted schedule. Incorporates seasonal aspects to programming.
- Provide support and or participation for after hour activities
especially on weekends.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment
team. Participates in treatment team meetings and progress reviews,
and identifies with each patient and the treatment team discipline
specific interventions that will support the patient's
- Conducts individual OT and activity assessments specific to the
behavioral health needs of each patient within designated
- Document patient progress with therapeutic activities in
patient's medical record.
- Collaborates with the Director to identify equipment and
supplies needed for the program. Maintains appropriate equipment
and supplies safe for use and in working order.
- Attends required training and continuing education
- Completes all competency requirements as evidenced by
completion forms, these will be completed annually or per hospital
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
What qualifications you will need:
- National certification by the NBCOT, Colorado OT license and
BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
or American Red Cross. CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention within 30
days of hire.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
college or university.
- At least 2 years clinical experience in therapeutic activities
in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the practice of CBT
and DBT therapy. Is able to plan and provide for delivery of
therapies. Works independently to effectively problem solve issues
with staff and develop a workable solution. Communicates
effectively both orally and in writing. Must have a willingness to
participate in guidance and counseling of personnel. Must have
interpersonal skills to act as a mediator between patient care and
administration. Proficiency in computer skills, critical thinking
skills, and public speaking skills. Knowledgeable of local, state,
and federal regulations that impact areas of their responsibility.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days
of employment start date
- National Certified Occupational Therapist (NBCOT)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Bachelors DegreeNo Travel Travel RequiredNo experience Required
Years of Experience This role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).The Medical Center of Aurora is a 346 plus bed acute care
hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora
is comprised of six medical campuses in Aurora and Centennial,
Colorado, including the Main Campus, the North Campus Behavioral
Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock
ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at
P/SL, and medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main
Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke
Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the
eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. The South Campus includes a
Level III NICU. The Medical Center of Aurora consistently receives
'A' grades from The Leapfrog Group and is recognized as the a top
five hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in
Colorado by U.S. News & World Report year after year.HCA Healthcare
has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by
the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Occupational Therapist PRN opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Aurora , Occupational Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!