RN Charge Nurse- Westside OB/GYN Clinic
Company: Denver Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Under minimal supervision, performs supervisory functions over
professional nursing and support staff in an inpatient unit,
specialty clinic, or treatment program in various patient care
settings. Under general supervision, adheres to the American Nurses
Association (ANA) standards of professional nursing and
performance, and the ANA Code of Ethics (2015) to provide care to
all patients. Applies critical thinking, evidence-based policies,
procedures, guidelines and competence to collaborate with the
health care team to promote excellence in patient safety and
quality outcomes. Utilizes the Theory of Human Caring and Caritas
in daily practice. "Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, Founder /
Director, Watson Caring Science Institute."
Oversite of department/unit for assigned shift including adherence
to policy Delegation of duties amongst nursing and support staff
Preparation of daily staffing assignments Oversite of patient care,
admissions and discharges Oversite of daily operations and
escalation of communications Mentoring Evaluation and documentation
of performance of nursing staff Facilitate patient flow Rounding
for positive patient experience Other duties as assigned per unit
Clinic Charge RN Supervision:
**Please note that all tasks/responsibilities are assigned per the
discretion of the manager**
- Supervision of clinical teams. (RN, MA's, Clerical staff)
oAssist manager with PEPR's (Performance Evaluation) on all direct
oTime & attendance (Edit time cards)
oSupport staff schedules:
Approve requests for PTO and other time off etc.
Balance requests to maintain adequate staffing to meet patient
safety standards of care
Collaborate with Manager/TL/DOS/Administrative Directors to assist
with coordination of monthly clinic schedules, and other coverageas
Staffing Saturday clinics (if applicable)
oSupport staff sick call process to coordinate staffing
oConduct direct reports chart reviews
oAdhere to the Accountability Based Performance (ABP)
oSupport and problem solve with providers and staff members when
they have issues with other
- Clinic productivity
oReview data monthly and quarterly with manager to meet ACS
oTemplate management in collaboration with Clinic
Leadership/DOS/Administrative Directors/DoN based on clinic access
and communicates changes to the team. (If applicable)
- Support coordination and orientation of any students or
- Support onboarding and orientation of all new clinic team
- Coaches direct reports effectively in their use of visual
- Patient Experience Initiatives: Leadership/ Patient rounding,
provider rounding and AIDET observation/competency.
- Proactively manage staff competency training.
oAny other clinic specific competencies
- Adheres to Denver Health policies and procedures.
- Know and follow compliance of DH Standards of Behavior.
- Act as a role model for DH Standards of Behavior.
- Track and document patient/staff rounding on a monthly basis
(include in monthly meeting).
- Adhere to standard work for monitoring Patient Experience
- Regular Clinic Meetings:
- Monthly clinic team meetings
- Daily Clinic Huddles
- Clinic Manager Meetings
- Charge Nurse Council Meeting
- Regular provider meetings, if applicable
- Monitor Quality measures, work with team to identify and
initiate QI activities
- Oversee resident clinic operations and participate in
onboarding. (if applicable)
- Communication of process changes to all staff members
(including appreciation for impact on all clinic staff).
- Collaborate with Nurse Manager, TL, and clerical supervisor to
understand impact of changes on clinical care teams.
- Review patient concerns and complaints with Nurse manager
- Collaborate with Nurse Manager, TL, clerical supervisor, and
clinic team for recruitment, retention, orientation and hiring of
clinic support staff.
- Collaborate, review and problem solve with Nurse Manager to
address personnel issues/accountability based performance.
- Shared responsibility withand Nurse manager, TL, and CS for:
oTeam meeting - setting agenda, conduct the meeting, etc.
- Communicate and problem solve with ancillary departments
(Pharmacy, Lab, Peds- ex. process for pt transfers, Security, IS,
- Communicate and champion ACS priorities to all clinic
- Participation in Committees for the organization
- Participate in Lean Events, as needed
- Joint Commission readiness and regulatory compliance oversite
- Oversee and maintain clinic vaccine cold chain process (if
Charge RN Tasks
- Adhere to productivity standards
- Request staff/float staff request
- Plan/Run Regular meetings with the Nurse Manager and clerical
- Organize clinic retreats
- Implement initiatives
- Collaborating/supporting the Nurse Manager with management
- Devising standard work for clinic with Nurse Manager
- Present at Gemba meeting with Nurse Manager monthly. (Be
- Conflict resolution (staff): managing teamwork, personnel, and
clinic flow issues with clinic staff.
- Monitor and adhere to Denver Health productivity targets.
- Utilize Float Team standard work
- Support community outreach (optional)
- Monitor BI reports
- Lean facilitation in the clinic (6S), if applicable
- Structure and conduct team huddles
- Time and Attendance (edit time cards), if applicable
- Clinic administered medication management
- Disseminate DH information appropriately
- Monitor clinic and Nurse Manager Dash board in EPIC
- Create structure and process for managing clinical work ques,
- Attend other meetings as appropriate to your location and
- Promote a culture of Trust Respect and Excellence
- Collaborate with the Appointment Center and operations team to
maintain clinic schedule guidelines and templates in accordance
with departmental standard work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Adherence to Standards of Professional Nursing Practice/ Process /
Performance [ANA Standards addendum- signed] and accrediting body
standards. Strong understanding and display of the principals of
customer service as it applies to patients, staff and the community
Ability to assist in identifying ways to promote quality
patient-centric care and maintain Denver Health's high level of
patient satisfaction. [Nursing Vision Statement] Ability to work
effectively in a team matrix environment. Ability to communicate
clearly and effectively at all levels and in a cross functional
environment. Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary staff,
charge nurses, clinical nurse educator(s), and Nursing Managers,
providers,, executive leadership to provide care to patients with
respect to their uniqueness using informed judgment, competence,
individual qualifications, and collaboration with the health care
team. Ability to demonstrate an understanding of assessment
findings as they relate to the disease process and continuum of
care. Supports compliance with national patient safety goals,
accrediting agency standards, and quality initiatives. Evaluates
practice in relation to professional standards, statues,
regulations, hospital and departmental policies, standards of care,
and regulatory Promotes quality care by redefining priorities for
care based on evaluation of healthcare consumer/family response or
Registered Nurse (Required) American Heart Association (AHA) Basic
Life Support for Health Care Provider Certification/CPR. Active
Registered Nurse (RN) License in the State of Colorado or a
participating compact state. National board certification is a
preference and encouraged for staff nurses. *Specialty
certifications as required or recommended per unit. American Heart
Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider
Certification/CPR. Active Registered Nurse (RN) License in the
State of Colorado or a participating compact state. National board
certification is a preference and encouraged for staff nurses.
*Specialty certifications as required or recommended per unit.
Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from American Heart Association
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a
pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment
has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, high-quality academic health care
system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I
Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911
emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 18
school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison and Safety, a
Public Health department, an HMO and The Denver Health
As Colorado's primary, and essential, safety-net institution,
Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided
billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is
viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on
hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar
for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals
and 67,000 children a year.
Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away
from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is
an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal
employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As an
EOE, Denver Health does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a
veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or
local protected class. Associated topics: bsn, care unit, hospice,
intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse clinical,
registered nurse, staff nurse, unit
Keywords: Denver Health, Aurora , RN Charge Nurse- Westside OB/GYN Clinic, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!