Surgical Tech Cert (Pool) - DTC Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 18, 2021
US-CO-Denver# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem ID:
11203Group Name: PioneerSalary Min: USD $15.00/Hr.Salary Max: USD
$30.00/Hr.OverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming
specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by
aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a
common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our
patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the
quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better
experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of
care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates
operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1
million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit .Why
join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating
room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipment. Qualifications
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or
ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and
lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work
in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a
variety of peri-operative environments. Please see job
descriptionPI150829206RequirementsPlease see job description
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Aurora , Surgical Tech Cert (Pool) - DTC Surgery Center, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!