Registered Nurse, PRN- Crisis *** Sign On BONUS available
Company: Aurora Mental Health Center
Posted on: February 14, 2021
The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to helping people Live
Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate about our Core Values;
Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge, Honoring and Respecting
all Persons, Believe in Resilience and Putting Client and Community
First, we would like to invite you to join our family!
About The Team.
Our Crisis Services division consists of three Crisis programs that
provides support to clients experiencing a self-identified crisis.
The Walk in Clinic (WIC) is a 24/7 program that allows clients to
receive crisis-based services, information, and referrals, as
appropriate, on a walk-in basis. The Crisis Stabilization Unit
(CSU) is a 24-hour 16-bed facility that offers intensive behavioral
health crisis intervention for up to five days. The Respite program
is 14-day designed to allow an individual experiencing crisis to
stabilize, resolve problems, and link with resources for ongoing
support in a safe environment.
Our team consists of Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
Practitioners, RNs, LPNs, Medical Assistants, Licensed and
Unlicensed Therapists, Case Managers, Milieu Counselors, and Peer
Support Specialists. Nursing responsibilities include performing
nursing assessments, passing medications, leading therapeutic
groups, and collaborating with members of our multi-disciplinary
team while following clients' treatment plans.
About The Role.
The Registered Nurse on the Crisis/ Walk in Clinic team is
responsible for delivering outstanding clinical/nursing care for
persons with mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Support the clinical functions of the medical team (completing
all medical orders and communicating vital patient care information
- Perform nursing interventions for which an RN/LPN has been
trained to do.
- Observe, identify and monitor condition of patient, including
changes in symptoms, and relates same to appropriate members of the
- Administer injections and medications, as required.
- Provide medical case management and other clinical
interventions, as appropriate.
- Act as liaison to outside agencies and providers to ensure
continuity of care for patients.
- Provide assistance in crisis intervention, as needed.
- In a timely manner, accurately and completely chart
interventions, lab results, medications dispensed and all
activities related to patient interactions according to
- Complete required education and training in a timely
- Provide information to credentialing, payroll, etc. in a timely
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, highly collaborative,
possess strong de-escalation skills, and display excellent nursing
judgment. Candidates should have an active Registered Nurse license
in good standing, previous experience in psychiatric nursing,
outpatient clinics or home health and current BLS
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferred one year of similar relevant clinical
- Certification, Licensure: Active State of Colorado Registered
Nursing License, BLS required.
- Ability to administer medications and injections.
- Effective communication and coordination skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
Starting Salary for this role (based on experience and company
- $30.00 - $35.00 hourly
Additional Compensation Opportunities
- Sign-On Bonus: $2,000
- Language Differential Pay: 5% of base salary up to
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthy Families and Workplaces Act - Sick Leave
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no
cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit
Keywords: Aurora Mental Health Center, Aurora , Registered Nurse, PRN- Crisis *** Sign On BONUS available, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!