Quality Control Laboratory Manager - Food Safety and Microbiology
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Relocation available!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Taylor
ThibodeauAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 per
yearA bit about us:My client is a food ingredient company focused
on moving food forward by infusing human ingenuity with the
intelligence of nature.Why join us?
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursementJob DetailsPosition Purpose: As a member
of the Food Safety Team, the QC Laboratory Manager oversees,
implements, and supports all QA Laboratory activities, staff and
programs, including third-party certification program compliance.
Ensures all quality programs meet or exceed BRC, FSMA and HARPC
standards as well as all other regulatory, customer and company
related quality and food safety requirements. This position is also
responsible for policy and procedure compliance, internal audits,
corrective and preventive actions, and employee training. Supports
the plant's food safety objectives and production goals. Serves as
a technical resource and leader within the Quality group to empower
the QC Technicians to perform their duties. Supports product
quality assurance, continuous improvement programs and the R&D,
Regulatory, Sales and Marketing teams.Essential Duties:
- Establishes, implements and maintains Quality monitoring
processes, procedures and data collection used to guide the
Production team to produce high-quality, consistent products.
- Implements, adheres to and maintains company's Food Safety,
Compliance, and Quality Systems.
- Oversees daily functions and activities of the Quality
- Develops, facilitates and tracks new-hire training and on-going
- Provides effective leadership, guidance and supervision to
Quality Control Technicians.
- Establishes and maintains QC Tech schedule.
- Performs internal audits and/or verifications of the Quality
Management System on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and monitors laboratory equipment and
- Maintains accurate laboratory records.
- Assesses Production demands on laboratory services; prioritizes
testing based on business needs and departmental goals.
- Oversees and maintains the production and quality of mycelium
- Oversees and maintains in-process monitoring processes.
- Oversees and maintains all raw material, in-process and
finished product testing and analyses.
- Implements and maintains laboratory SOPs to ensure accurate and
- Implements QC Tech proficiency programs to ensure
- Maintains QC Laboratory inventory management system.
- Oversees Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP).
- Oversees and coordinates third-party testing, maintain and
- Initiates or supports Out-of-Specification, Reportable
Incident, or Non-Conforming Material investigations.
- Supports regulatory, external and internal food safety and
- Works closely with Production, Engineering, Maintenance, and
Supply Chain departments to collect and communicate quality data,
parameters and needs
- Provides QC Lab staffing support and coverage in cases of QC
Tech absence, sickness or PTO.
- Maintains hygiene and organization standards in the QA
- Complies with all company safety and Good Manufacturing
- Immediately reports any food safety or quality issues to
management or other appropriate individual authorized to initiate
- Provides support in the Quality review and release of finished
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry or a
related field from an accredited college or university.
- Possess working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- 5+ years of performing analytical, physical, microbiological
and/or chemical analyses.
- 3+ years of experience in food manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people to get results
- Ability to speak candidly and provide constructive
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced, dynamic work
- Ability to recognize and manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility: Some weekend and after-hour coverage may be
- 4+ years of Food Safety and Quality Management System (GFSI
- 4+ years of audit experience (regulatory, internal,
- 4+ years of 3rd Party Certification experience (Kosher, Halal,
Organic, Non-GMO, etc.).
- PCQI CertificationSupervisory Responsibilities:
- This role has supervisory responsibilities for multiple direct
reports.The perfect candidate:I am looking for a candidate that has
both food safety and a microbiology background/degree as this is
what my team is missing. They need to have the following
- Knowledge of various AOAC laboratory methods as well as
understanding of which methods to select for various tests per food
- Experience operating all the current equipment in the
laboratory and an understanding of how to select new equipment as
- A candidate who has experience with thermal process validations
and accelerated shelf life protocol.
- A candidate who is able to bring certain laboratory test
methods in house to save on costs associated with out-sourcing to a
third party lab.
- Internal auditing in a food manufacturing environment and
familiarity with environmental monitoring programs would also be a
- Someone with a "boots on the ground" attitude towards in
process quality/ food safety with a willingness to collaborate with
the production and operations teams during production.Interested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Aurora , Quality Control Laboratory Manager - Food Safety and Microbiology, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...