Property Manager Lease Up
Company: Grubb Properties
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Location: Aurora, CO
Department: Maintenance - Multi-Family
TITLE: Property Manager
LOCATION: Link Apartments - Fitz
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
Are you ready to take the next step towards being a leader on a
team in the multifamily housing industry? Everyone at Grubb
Properties contributes to a team based on trust, integrity, and
respect. We feel that embracing diversity and encouraging inclusion
helps create the culture and environment our company needs to be
successful and thriving. Every employee's voice is valued and
respected as we work together as a team to create success. The
variety of our portfolio means Grubb Properties offers a diverse
array of opportunities for advancement. With a supportive and
collaborative work environment, we encourage and empower our
employees to expand their skills, take on new challenges,
contribute to the greater good in our community and reach their
As a Lease Up Property Manager, you will participate in all phases
of the operations of a lease-up property including, but not limited
to, leasing, marketing, general administration maintenance,
resident services and retention and employee safety and property
security. Coordinates the maintenance of the physical condition of
the property while achieving the best possible financial
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively and effectively manages operations to ensure lease
up goals are met.
- Effectively works with construction and development teams and
outside vendors during property construction.
- Guides leasing team members, trains subordinates, evaluates
employees and makes recommendations for salary
increases/advancement, maintains payroll records, hires and
terminates employees in accordance with company policies and under
direction of Regional Property Manager.
- Prepares and implements marketing strategies to ensure annual
revenue growth for the property.
- Regularly monitors the financial performance of the property,
making necessary changes in the operations as needed to meet and
exceed performance goals.
- Supervises both maintenance staff and outside contractors
working on the property.
- Adheres to all appropriate company personnel directives,
accounting directives, maintenance and purchasing
- Ensures that bank deposits are made daily or as necessary,
purchases necessary office supplies, coordinates disbursement of
petty cash funds, supervises rent collections.
- Establishes schedules and assigns personnel for routine
maintenance and emergency coverage, ensures that maintenance
requests are handled quickly.
- Takes responsibility for the quality and efficiency of turning
vacant apartments into make-ready apartments in a timely manner,
oversees the inspection of make ready apartments, approves all
applications, and signs all leases and related forms, oversees
details of move-ins and move-outs.
- Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe, and
well-maintained community, handles resident relations and resident
organizations, reports accidents and emergency situations to the
Regional Manager immediately and prepares incident reports,
continually inspects property and improvements, recording
deficiencies and taking necessary actions.
- Handles resident issues in a timely and effective manner,
ensuring that resident issues are not escalated to Regional Manager
more than once per quarter.
- Responsible for the timely completion of ownership and/or
property reports and marketing surveys.
- Responsible for the safety of the property team and the
execution of a safety program. Ensures that accidents and the
potential for accidents are minimized. Understands and adheres to
OSHA standards and requirements and ensures training is properly
executed with the team, that safety manuals and documentation are
current and up to date, and that property personnel follow property
safety procedures including the use of personal protective
- Ensures that the highest level of conduct, dress, appearance,
and company loyalty are upheld by all personnel.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Proven 3 or more-year track record of successful lease
- Proven track record of successful management of over 300 units,
including proven marketing skills.
- Experience with property under construction, dealing with
construction and development teams, outside vendors
- Bachelor's degree preferred; high school or GED
- 5 -7 years of experience in residential property management
- Based on states requirements, a Property Managers License or
Real Estate Brokers License preferred
- Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand
the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and administrative
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Strong leadership, training, supervision, and decision-making
- Strong organizational skills.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Works in office setting and in residential buildings.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks residential property and climbs
- Occasionally wears hard hat and walks through construction
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Has reliable transportation and a valid drivers license
Critical features of this job are described under the previous
headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to
reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description
does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by
supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties.
You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the
tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY
TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND
EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME,
FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
Keywords: Grubb Properties, Aurora , Property Manager Lease Up, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!