Posted on: January 24, 2023
Estimator/Preconstruction Manager with mid-size commercial GC
based in Windsor & offices in Denver!This Jobot Job is hosted by:
Nicole ProkopAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply
Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $80,000 - $120,000
per yearA bit about us:Our leaders are personally involved in each
department, providing direction and insight for everything we do.
There are clear lines of communication and decision-makers for
every project. We practice an open-door policy where employees are
encouraged to engage with our leaders for guidance and support. Our
company size allows for a personable, engaged atmosphere where
employees feel like family. We are a team of builders- we grow as a
team and promote from within.Why join us?
- Strong bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- Company is doubling in revenue and project pipeline
- Well respected GC with great reputationJob Details
- Prepare bids, conceptual cost models, and budgets; perform
quantitative analyses of construction documents and project program
- Lead and oversee the preparation of accurate conceptual cost
models, budgets, and guaranteed maximum pricing based on historic
cost data and/or subcontractor input as appropriate.
- Review plans, specs, and pricing. Secure pricing from material
suppliers. Define take-offs for all scopes of work and complete
pricing. Define and assemble accurate General Conditions/General
- Gather and monitor actual cost versus estimated cost,
maintaining project cost history.
- Organize historical project costs and utilize costs to produce
- Establish work scopes for contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare documents for bid day, owner bid docs,
- Lead and oversee the preparation of backup documentation.
- Provide estimating training to team members
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, schedule,
phasing, and staffing.
- Understand, analyze, and consult the owner's pro forma process
and documents RFP, and/or contract.
- Analyze project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input
and provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options,
and other recommendations.
- Ensure that are budgets and bids are created using company
templates, parameters, and established protocols.
- Make recommendations to the buyout and the selection of
subcontractors upon notice of award.
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids
- Prepare and present persuasive presentations to a variety of
- Define major or priority subcontractors. Monitor coverage and
solicit new subcontractors while continuously working to improve
- Partner to develop appropriate subcontractor scopes of work and
to determine subcontractor pricing, including information
dissemination, review of subcontractor's proposals, and
coordination with the desired scope of work.
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project
participants (i.e. contractor, owner/developer, design
professionals and subcontractors).
- Foster a productive working atmosphere among project
participants, and cultivate the Company's relationship with the
- Discuss and establish bid/budget estimate pricing strategies,
concerns, and advantages with project teams. Correspond with
architects and engineers.
- Suggest and participate in procedure and policy changes as well
as QC/QA plan.
- Lead bid project closings.
- Lead project scope review meetings in preparation for project
- Lead, prepare and draft Exhibit A scope and contract values for
- Network within the market to learn client business
modelsInterested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the
"Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Aurora , Preconstruction Manager, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!