Director of Operations
Posted on: January 19, 2023
DescriptionPosition Summary:As the Operations Director, you are
responsible for overseeing the safety, productivity, and efficiency
of warehouse and transportation operations. You will lead employees
and monitor operational flow to ensure the effective use of people
and equipment on a daily basis. A successful candidate will have
effectively demonstrated an ability to coordinate processes and
directly impact the operation efficiencies within the warehouse and
- Managing efficient operations of facilities, warehouse, and
- Collaborating with other managers to develop and implements
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring employee
productivity/quality action plans.
- Determining personnel and equipment requirements in accordance
with productivity standards.
- Ensuring Core-Mark, AIB, Safety, and DOT standards are
- Promoting safety across all the warehouse and leading safety
- Maintaining policies and procedures for warehouse and
- Implementing training programs for the warehouse and
- Assisting in the selection and hiring of direct reports and
- Directing employee activities, evaluations, and approval of
merit pay increases.
- Leading associate engagement and retention activities.
- Collaborating with Operating Company President to discuss
profitability, expenditures, employee productivity, and other
- Supporting Risk Management in investigating and creating
- Collaborating with Human Resources to develop training and
- Ensuring effective cooperation and communications with other
departments.Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelors degree (BA/BS) or equivalent; or 4 to 10 years
related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse operations and distribution -
DOT and local regulations and management.
- General mechanical and mathematic skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to disperse information to the company and across the
- Ability to analyze data, review information, and make
suggestions to improve performances.
- Ability to learn and use electronic management
software.Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or
- Physical ability to be present and to navigate through the
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, or reach may be
required on occasion.
- The warehouse environment with have exposure to a variety of
noise and potential extremes in temperature.Core-Mark Benefits:At
Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being
and the well-being of your family. Thats why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and
your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and
other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life (includes dependent coverage), Disability,
& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: RRSP, Paid Direct Drug Card, & Scholarship
Opportunities for children of employees#CM-ALL
Keywords: Core-Mark, Aurora , Director of Operations, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!