Corporate Sales Manager - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are:At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We
Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? Perks & Benefits:Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: The Corporate Sales Manager is
responsible for managing all Corporate Accounts. The primary focus
of this position is on driving business which meets the established
Meeting Space, ADR and RPV targets for the assigned segments. This
position is also responsible for selling conference space, food &
beverage options, lift, rental, ski school products and other
ancillary winter and summer products affiliated with corporate
business. Primary responsibilities include helping create and
maintain all corporate programs, collateral, and correspondence as
well as interfacing with reservations, call centers, group
ticketing and other internal departments to support corporate
business. The Corporate Sales Manager will perform trainings, sales
missions, familiarization, site and mountain tours, and industry
trade shows to support the primary mission of driving meeting
space, lodging and ancillary product sales. Group specific
responsibilities include soliciting, negotiating, and selling
year-round corporate group business focusing on meeting space and
overnight group business which meets the established ADR and RPV
targets for the assigned segment and ancillary product targets. The
Corporate Sales Manager will follow all Winter Park policies and
procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and
all health and sanitation codes. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Corporate
- Assist and implement all Winter Park Resort/WPRL corporate
strategies, plans and programs
- Ensure accurate portrayal of Winter Park Resort corporate
- Help communicate program terms and policies internally to
affected departments, legal, lodging, front desk, homeowner
relations, call center, Ski School, Rentals, F&B, guests
services and group ticketing departments.
- Compile, proof, organize and distribute all corporate
information including, contracts, pricing, imagery, content to
- Conducts product training to assigned regions.
- Organize details and help execute familiarization (FAM trips)
and site tours.
- Manages sales efforts with assigned accounts, including
negotiations, contracting, and marketing/promotional program
- Travel to markets as required for account sales calls and
exhibiting at trade shows.
- Achieves meeting space, lodging and skier day quotas for
- Attend weekly lodging and lift sales meetings as well as 1:1
meeting with the Director of Sales to evaluate sales
- Assist with business planning within the Sales Department.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Winter Park
Resort and Winter Park Resort Lodging products and services.
- Proficient and accurate utilization of sales/catering account
management system (Delphi) and SMS reservations systems, Microsoft
- Supports the mission and values of Winter Park Resort.
- Keeps current with all Winter Park Resort products, pricing,
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Identify qualified prospects in market territory; initiate,
develop, expand relationships in assigned territory/market segment.
Convert prospective clientele into committed Winter Park customers
through in-office visits, property tours, and proactive
- Present, negotiate and successfully sell meeting space,
lodging, food and beverage, and resort services products/programs
to groups lodging in Winter Park Resort properties.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal
departments and operations, including, but not limited to front
desk, reservations, ski school, rentals, racing, food and beverage,
conference services, and group services.
- Meet or exceed quarterly/yearly sales goals.
- Understand and support mission and values of Sales Business
Unit, Winter Park and Alterra.
- Exhibit strong team play within group department, sales and
marketing division and Winter Park Resort teams.
- Deliver a high level of guest service to each client and
internal customer. This job description is an overview of the scope
of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of
job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- Bachelors Degree - preferred Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge of airline, tourism, hospitality industry
- Possess current corporate business relationships
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to commute to our Winter Park Resort office as
- Ability to work with multi-faceted projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional communication skills required to communicate
clearly and professionally via phone, and e-mail.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Flexibility for extensive travel.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule.
- Intermediate or Advanced Skiing/Snowboarding skills
- Strong Computer expertise; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices, and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. OTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED: This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. WAGE: The base
pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park
Resorts pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may
be above or below the range based on various factors including but
not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit
system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and
regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one
component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for
employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Annual salary: $45k + commission AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any
term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex,
color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park
Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Aurora , Corporate Sales Manager - Year Round, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!