Senior Tax Planning Manager
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Exciting opportunity to join the Tax Department of a Fortune 200
technology company at a major inflection point in its innovative
history. If you are looking for a new adventure where there is no
limit to the opportunity to learn, grow, contribute, and achieve,
then we need to talk! We are seeking a professional who values
sophisticated and challenging work, and can embrace technology as
we transition into the wireless industry. And did you consider the
location? You will live and work within view of the scenic Rocky
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be part of a highly collaborative team with a
mix of Income Tax, Sales & Use, and Property Tax professionals who
take pride in their contributions to the Company's success. A day
in the life of this Senior Manager will be to take responsibility
for effectively supporting all facets of income tax planning. This
will include managing and coordinating internal and external
resources to construct and implement tax savings strategies related
to, but limited to, M&A, divestitures, State nexus, valuations,
contract negotiations, and post-M&A restructuring/integration.
This position will report to the Director of Tax and play a central
role in reporting to the Board and executive management on all cash
tax saving initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage end-to-end acquisition, divestiture, minority
investment, and capital market related activities, including, but
not limited to, term sheet, due diligence, deal negotiation, work
plan preparation, and post-deal close integration for tax planning,
compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Support and implement strategic tax planning related to global
mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, equity
investments, and internal restructurings.
- Liaison with the legal department on contract negotiations and
drafting of operational contracts.
- Research complex tax issues and prepare tax technical
memorandum and documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of tax laws affecting DISH and
pending or new tax legislation, draft position papers related to
legislative and regulatory developments, and support tax policy
- Engage in rigorous, logical analyses to fully understand
issues, positions, relevant support, and alternatives. Includes
collecting and analyzing data, tax rules and other information to
support or refute a position, reviewing alternative
positions/support, and providing recommendations.
- Organize and summarize information in a clear, concise manner,
specifically tailored for the intended audience, both within the
tax department and among business colleagues. Includes drafting
responses to requests, as well as preparing supporting analyses and
- Collaborate with and support cross-functional teams in
Corporate Development, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and
- Collaborate with the Tax Reporting, Indirect Tax, and Tax
Compliance teams on tax compliance and provision matters associated
with acquisition, divestiture, and tax planning.
- Provide technical assistance to the Tax Compliance team for the
preparation of U.S. tax return filings, elections, statements, and
disclosures with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures,
investments, and internal restructuring. Additionally, assist in
preparing such filings, elections, statements and disclosures, as
- Manage and collaborate with outside accounting and law
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Master's in Accounting/Tax, J.D. (Juris Doctor), or LLM.
- 7+ years of experience in the tax function at a multinational
corporation or at public accounting or law firms.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including written and
verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and interpersonal
skills to represent Tax on projects of varying sizes and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional
teams and meet targeted deadlines for project completion.
- Ability to gather key information efficiently and consult with
internal and external partners and advisors on technical
- Persistent curiosity and proactive ambition to develop a deep
understanding of technical tax concepts, DISH's business
operations, and the telecommunications and Pay-Tv industry.
- Working knowledge of Longview, CorpTax, Alteryx, Visio, Tableau
is preferred. Advanced knowledge of Excel and building complex
models is preferred.
- Exposure to, or willingness to learn about OneStream, Orbit
Analytics, or similar applications.
- Ability to work in a fluid atmosphere, handle multiple projects
and reset priorities.
Compensation: $100,100.00/Year - $165,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a
pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.Required
Keywords: DISH, Aurora , Senior Tax Planning Manager, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!