Business Services Manager - Finance/Facilities/Administrative Support
Company: ECCV Water District
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Business Services Manager Finance/Facilities/Administrative
Support We are seeking a Business Services Manager to join our
senior leadership team. This position leads a team of finance,
facilities and administrative support professionals in an
organization that provides safe, reliable water and sanitary sewer
services to over 60,000 customers in the eastern portions of the
City of Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County. The Business
Services Manager reports to the District Manager and is highly
involved in developing our strategic vision and quality assurance
practices that are essential in enhancing our commitment to the
community we serve. Our collaborative leadership approach will find
the Business Services Manager working regularly with operations,
projects, and customer service teams, providing the opportunity to
develop a deep knowledge of this vital industry. The Business
Services Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Develops vision for the Business Services Department;
establishes department goals and objectives to align with District
goals and objectives, including directing, delegating, coaching,
motivating, engaging, and evaluating staff.
- Plans, develops, and oversees implementation of programs and
projects related to finance, facilities, and administrative
services that support District wide operations.
- Manages department procedures, policies, performance,
compensation, and staffing levels.
- Leads day to day financial operations of the District
associated with budget, analysis, and maintenance of District
funds, accounts payable, accounts receivable, property and
liability insurance; oversees financial performance and controls;
ensures compliance with GAAP and audit requirements.
- Leads day to day facilities operations and administrative
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
consultants; ensures quality of service and accountability.
- Engages in on-going leadership development process.
- Secures outside services; oversees activities and contract
terms, assesses outside services, costs, and contracts.
- Prepares written reports, summarizes recommendations and
- Collaborates with other departments, projects, committees and
teams; cultivates, fosters, and maintains cooperative working
relations to gain cooperation, support, and achievement of District
goals and objectives.
- Ensures the District is compliant with local, state, and
federal laws, reporting requirements, and other regulatory
- Makes presentations and recommendations to staff, leadership,
Board of Directors, and other organizations as needed; represents
the Business Services Department at Board meetings; attends other
meetings as needed. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or
- 5 + years progressively responsible financial accounting
- 3 + years experience leading staff. Experience leading
multi-function group preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and
procedures of governmental and municipal accounting, auditing, and
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Applications and ability to
learn accounting/other software systems.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, analytical, deductive
reasoning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong performance management skills.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills,
both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the efforts of staff to
achieve District and departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to analyze problems, exercise sound judgment, and
arrive at logical, valid conclusions.
- Ability to engage staff, adapt leadership style to various
situations, model high standards of honesty, integrity, trust,
openness, and respect for individuals by applying these values
- Ability to present District policies and initiatives in a
supportive and positive manner.
- Ability to foster, establish, and maintain effective working
relationships with all District employees, consultants, agencies,
governmental officials and the general public.
- Ability to resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that
is consistent with District standards, practices, policies,
procedures, regulation or legal requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of facilities and maintenance
operations and/or some experience leading facilities staff
- Pass a background check. At ECCV, we help one another, take
pride in our jobs, utilize our expertise, and can be trusted by our
customers and Board to deliver the highest quality of service
possible. We offer a friendly environment, competitive pay, and a
generous benefits package that includes Retirement Plans, Health
Reserve Account, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long
Term Disability Insurance, Paid time off (PTO), and Holidays. We
also offer Training, Tuition Assistance and Flexible Spending
Accounts. Hiring range: $79,000-$110,000/yr. DOE/DOQ. To apply
please visit our website at . ECCV is an equal opportunity
Keywords: ECCV Water District, Aurora , Business Services Manager - Finance/Facilities/Administrative Support, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!