Director of Corporate Communications
Company: Westerra Credit Union
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Westerra strives to be an employer of choice in a highly
competitive environment. To achieve our business objectives, we are
focused on attracting, developing, empowering, retaining, and
motivating a highly qualified workforce. Therefore, we provide
competitive compensation and benefits, and further differentiate
our internal brand with a unique purpose that binds us all with our
members and the communities we serve. Our Total Rewards programs
make Westerra a compelling place for talented people to grow their
careers. We are committed to creating a high performance
environment that fosters and rewards excellence and improves the
lives of our employees by providing:
- Purpose & Culture: Our team members are passionate about our
WHY and empowered to help our members and community achieve their
- Careers & Well-Being: Our team members experience a feeling of
belonging and support for their career journeys and well-being
(physical, financial, emotional, social, community, career)
- Compensation & Benefits: Pay is awarded fairly, contributions
are rewarded, and programs are available to manage health and
wealth. A list of some of our benefits can be viewed at the end of
this posting.Hiring range: $96,612 - $127,876
What is the role?
The Corporate Communications Director is responsible for the
conceptualization, development, planning, implementation and
analysis of communications strategies and initiatives. The role
requires strategic and analytical thinking to recommend strategies
to build and maintain a positive corporate brand. The Director
partners with leadership and cross-organizational teams to develop
and execute communications strategies based on metrics, trends, new
ideas and strategic insights. Executes on short to mid-term (1-3
year) goals of the department, which align with the business plan,
and organizational objectives.
What will be expected of me?
- Demonstrable ability to lead and drive end-to-end communication
from conception through hands-on implementation.
- Manage and scale a growing communications program.
- Lead development of an overall communication strategy;
establish objectives, messaging and annual goals for all areas of
responsibility ensuring alignment with strategic initiatives.
- Integrate an overarching brand strategy that supports and
advances Westerra's strategic priorities and member-centric
experience. Guide leaders in use and evolution of the brand/culture
throughout the credit union.
- Interact with the entire executive team to evolve a strong and
- Launch programs to increase company and brand awareness and
share of voice - both internally and externally.External Corporate
and Brand Communications: Multi-media strategy, Media Relations
- Increase awareness and visibility of the company's brand,
emergence as a fintech, leadership in the community, and commitment
to local/global citizenship.
- Build strategy and execute programming for all stakeholder
groups, including media and policymakers/influencers.
- Manage public relations agency relationship. Direct public
relations activities, including managing media inquiries to build
and maintain a wide network of reporter relationships.
- Guide external partners on executing content, timing and
appropriate media outreach surrounding announcements.
- Assist in directing crisis communications strategy and
messaging with press, employees and key stakeholders.
- Play a key role in developing corporate communication materials
on behalf of the company, including press releases, brochures,
presentations, web content, key message documents and FAQs.
Internal Communications, Employee Branding, Industry, Community
- Create end-to-end change management communications plans for
- Partner with managers and leaders to meet communications needs,
including change management communications and culture-building
- Work with change owners to think through channels and cadence
of communications to move us effectively through a process to adapt
- Lead internal communications and employee engagement activities
that inspire and influence.
- Ensure employee communications platforms/channels are
proactively maintained as a key communications vehicle, including
the SharePoint intranet Hub.
- Assist leaders in preparing periodic updates to the Board of
Directors and staff, including coordinating regular all-staff
meetings, leadership meetings, town hall meetings, monthly Terrain
magazine, community events, celebrations, etc.
- Partner with Talent leaders to implement new employee branding
strategy using social media platforms.
- Create an integrated branding approach to all internal and
external marketing materials for employees and new candidates.
- Engage with local community on corporate social responsibility
activities and commitments.
- Ensure that communication of current initiatives are accurate,
timely, and effectively communicated to appropriate personnel at
all levels and departments.
- Ability to translate messages to be appropriate for the
external member audiences, internal staff audience and the
executive/board level audience.
- Comfortable operating in an agile environment, but also possess
solid experience successfully navigating the complexities of a
large organization. Ability to holistically work in waves
collaboratively with other teams.
- Develop, implement and monitor communications aspects of the
Department annual budget.
- Accountable for multiple complex processes and programs.
- Consistently demonstrate the Westerra Way to Be.
- Coach and develop staff, and execute short and long-term
- Other duties as assigned.Will I have Direct Reports? Yes
What I'm bringing---
- 10+ years' experience in a management or consultative role
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in related field
- Change Management certification preferredSkills and Abilities:
- Direct experience with change management communications
- Direct crisis communications experience with a track record of
successfully planning for and publicly addressing high profile
business topics with press, employees and key stakeholders
- Strong communications expertise, including written, verbal,
presentation, interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate
and simplify complex information to various audiences across job
- Experience providing counsel to senior executives on internal
and external messaging and strategy
- Ability to create and execute a successful media relations
program tied to the company's mission and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and demonstrate that learning on the job
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management
- Must maintain high-level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated creative strength
- Analytical to make decisions using data and business
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates integrity and builds trust
- Delivers results and ability to balance priorities under
- Collaborative in role as a team player
- Accountable for the achievement of results and metrics that
contribute to the success of the department
- Uses advanced logic to make highly complex judgements with a
noticeable impact on the department and functional results
- Master of core functional area and how it fits within the
organization and competitive environment
- Ability to negotiate and influence (change, team, business
units, executive leaders)
- Ability to manage multiple areas of responsibility What is the
work environment like, and are there physical requirements for this
Dispersed flexible team environment both on Westerra campus and
Ability to Lift 25-50 lbs.
Some of our Benefit Offerings---
We are committed to providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits
program that enables our employees and their families to lead
healthy and productive lives. Offerings include:
- Three Health Plans through UHC that offer a variety of coverage
and competitive premiums
- Two Dental Plans through Delta Dental
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) Westerra contributes $600/year
for Employee Only and $1200/year for Employee+Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Westerra pays for Basic Life and AD&D, Short Term
Disability and Long Term Disability
- 20 days of Paid Time Off to start
- 10+ Paid Holidays
- Up to $5250 per year for Educational Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (16 hours per year), and if you use all of
your VTO, you are awarded with an additional PTO day each year
- 2 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement (401K) - Match up to 4% and eligible for 7% Profit
Share as well!
- Awesome Anniversary Program that consists of PLAY (Paid Leave
for Anniversary Year) ranging from 1 to 20 days of PLAY based on
the anniversary year.More about Westerra
Westerra credit union was formed by eight schoolteachers, who
pooled their funds in 1934 to be able to make loans to other
teachers. These visionary leaders created Denver Public Schools
Credit Union, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned and
controlled by the members who use its services..... click apply for
full job details
Keywords: Westerra Credit Union, Aurora , Director of Corporate Communications, Executive , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!