Production / Process Engineer - Food Ingredient
Posted on: June 21, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Taylor ThibodeauAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.A bit about us:My client is a food ingredient company
focused on moving food forward by infusing human ingenuity with the
intelligence of nature.Why join us?
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursementJob DetailsWe are searching for a
qualified, innovative Production/Process Engineer to join our
growing organization. In this position, you will oversee and
improve production processes in our facility. Engineering aptitude,
a high attention to detail, and the ability to optimize production
processes for maximum efficiency are necessary skills for this
role.The Production/Process Engineer analyzes business methods and
finds efficient alternatives. Responsible for determining
operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure
quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position
troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action.
Researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing
equipment. The Production Engineer will report directly to the
Plant Manager.Essential Duties:
- Assist in overseeing plant operations, including safety,
efficiency, product quality, and maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing day-to-day production
results, from which he/she will develop findings, draw conclusions,
and make recommendations. Investigate and troubleshoot any problems
that arise with processes, procedures, and operations.
- Will set area priorities, assign work to staff and mentor
employees. Provides technical supervision and instructions to Plant
- Utilize engineering knowledge to assess process, procedures,
and parameters, then recommend methods and / or modifications to
optimize the process.
- Have ownership of operations related training and coaching of
plant personnel for the Plant Operations team.
- Works with maintenance and engineering to achieve a high level
of process efficiency and plant reliability.
- Assures product quality by ensuring the necessary quality
control checks are being tested and the necessary process
adjustments are executed to maintain in-specification finished
- Responsible for meeting production requirements within time and
budget, considering constraints agreed upon in advance.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by
calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing
production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and findings to
management and colleagues.
- Contributes to the design of engineering projects, ideas for
safer, cost-effective, and/or new techniques.
- Develops and oversees implementation of new plant operational
processes and procedures.
- Performs varied technical functions and economic evaluations.
Collects and evaluates information from multiple sources and
incorporates related information into processes.
- In collaboration with the Quality Assurance/Control team,
assist to develop and implement quality control measures that
effectively monitor products and guarantees desired results.
- Follow and adhere to all state, federal and company enforced
safety rules and regulations.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
required. Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
- 2+ years proven experience in process, production, engineering,
and project engineering.
- Uses basic knowledge of the process to solve problems and
recommends corrective actions.
- Has conducted engineering projects. Applies standard
engineering theories, concepts, and techniques and applies a
working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Introductory PLC Programming understanding & experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to do material and energy balances for
key unit operations in their assigned process area.
- Understanding of complex process problems and ability to
develop, recommend and implement cost effective solutions.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written) and will be
a leader for plant operations.
- Employee works with integrity and upholds the values of the
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and test new and optimize
- Strong safety awareness and knowledge, always adhering to
safety procedures (LTT) and SOPs.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work
independently and with a team.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word,
- Background in food ingredient, fermentation, and / or grain
processing a plus.
- Knowledge of low voltage industrial communication (4-20mA
analog and 24VDC digital) a plus.Interested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Aurora , Production / Process Engineer - Food Ingredient, Engineering , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!