Network Engineer III - Core & Backbone Optical
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country.The Network Operations team is
responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture
and designs. The Network Engineer III supports the planning,
forecasting, implementation and identification of resource
requirements for network systems of high complexity. As a member of
the team, you will support network enhancements while following
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead network planning, network architecture design and
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs corporate standards and develops network
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.BASIC /
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Cisco and/or
- Minimum three (3) years of Data network experience ADDITIONAL
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service
gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Experience with scripting and automation (Python, SQL)
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology. TCP/IP and the OSI model.
- Experience and knowledge in using ticketing and software tools
to support the operations
- Knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to work in a team environment, perform duties in a very
fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology
- Able to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of personal computer and
software applications.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry products and services Associated topics:
5g, asic, design engineer, electrical, nortel, osp, repair, system
engineer, test, test engineer
Keywords: Spectrum, Aurora , Network Engineer III - Core & Backbone Optical, Engineering , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!