Marketing Events Coordinator - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Who We Are:At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major
mountain destination to Denver. Dont be fooled by our convenient
location, though youll feel remotely tucked away in our
high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you! Who We Are Looking For:Winter Park
Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and
outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the
unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming
back for more.Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a
winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we
have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in? Perks &
Benefits:Theres more than a free season pass waiting for you! You
dont just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a
lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll enjoy a variety of perks
and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal
employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Events Coordinator is
responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of all
Resort Events in support of Winter Park Resorts overall event
strategy. The dynamic candidate must have a proven track record of
success in event planning and demonstrated implementation of those
plans for public events. The position will report directly to the
Marketing Events Manager. The primary responsibility of the
Marketing Events Coordinator is to assist the Marketing Events
Manager in building events that add value, increase brand
awareness, increase brand familiarity, drive incremental guest
visits, increase ancillary revenue, and ensure efficient use of
staff, resources, and facilities. In addition, the Marketing Events
Coordinator will assist in building the Resorts event portfolio to
be an industry standard of well-known highly executed events. The
best candidate must work well under pressure and tight deadlines as
well as be available to work weekends, holidays, and longer shifts
to ensure event success. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Coordinate all logistics related to the planning and execution
of events, including: event set up and break down, event layout,
budget management, and onsite logistics (i.e., event staff, site
inspections, operation plans, registration and check-in management,
permit requests, communications to Resort Operations staff,
coordination with third-party clients, vendors, etc.)
- Execution of all resort events including but not limited to -
brand signature events, festivals, live musical performances,
themed activations, Resort Village animations, and experiential
- Facilitate smooth transitions between normal resort operations
and event operations to minimize event impact on the guest
- Act as stage manager and talent liaison as needed for certain
- Write talent scripts and production run of shows.
- Assist in booking entertainment/performing acts for events and
working with internal teams to develop contracts.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors to ensure execution of
- Coordinate and execute Mascot appearances as needed.
- Coordinate with operational departments to ensure
implementation of the event operations plan.
- Ability to conceptualize and ideate new event offerings that
will help elevate and evolve the Resorts event portfolio.
- Pull necessary permits and abide by County and State
- Assist in scheduling and communicating responsibilities to
part-time event staff. Oversee part-time staff at events to ensure
execution of responsibilities.
- Assist in maintaining budgets, including invoice management,
reporting, and entering expenses.
- Maintain and update calendar of all events and vendor
- Work with the Digital team to ensure the website and all media
outlets are updated with current event details.
- Develop pitch decks for new events and programming concepts to
be shared with internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with Resort partners to maximize their event
activation, keeping in mind and working towards both parties
- Build strong relationships with vendors and industry
- Work effectively with the internal Marketing team to ensure the
event promotion plan is executed.
- Collaborate with Brand Design Manager to order and design event
- Procure and regularly assess event asset inventory.
- Organize and maintain event asset storage.
- Other administrative duties as assigned. As mentioned above,
this position will interact with (and indirectly may supervise some
staff within) Marketing, Sales, Lodging, Food & Beverage, Ski and
Ride School, Competition Center, Mountain Operations, Terrain Park
Staff, Guest Services Staff, and Corporate and Promotional
Partners, General Counsel, Risk Management, the Winter Park Fraser
Chamber of Commerce and The Village at Winter Park. Indirect
supervision relates to management and coordination of all elements
of events, sponsorships, and promotions. This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Self-starter who is eager to come up with event and activation
ideas, able to set goals and priorities, and operate in a rapidly
- Problem solver that has a solution-based mindset.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work efficiently and meet
- Creative thinker who keeps a pulse on current event, brand
activation, and consumer trends to create relevant
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and keen
attention to detail.
- A real passion for live events, entertainment, and creating
exceptionally unique events.
- Able to think quickly and is nimble enough to change direction
- Must be a team player with the willingness to learn new skills,
bring energy to the team, and thrive independently as well as with
the larger group.
- Can build effective relationships across teams to accomplish a
- Able to balance multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent communication in written, verbal, and creative
- Knowledge of live event industry standards. EXPERIENCE &
- Bachelors degree in events management, marketing, or related
field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training,
- Minimum 2 years experience producing eventsrequired.
- Proven experience conceptualizing, planning, and promoting
small-to-mid scale events or animation programming required.
Especially preferred in a destination resort, ski area,
hospitality, or outdoor environment.
- Deep understanding of events planning/operations; a pulse on
current trends as well as an ability to keep events relevant and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; high proficiency in
- Experience working with event design platforms (i.e. AutoCAD,
VectorWorks, etc) preferred.
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain
- Ski ability at least at an intermediate level, preferred. WAGE:
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits. Hourly pay range: $20 - $24/hour PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside,
but will require outside and on-mountain work from during vendor
meetings, on event days, and at other times. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and
varying outside weather conditions. Hazardous Materials/Noise: The
noise level in the workplace is usually moderate. Travel
Requirements: This position does not require regular travel;
however, from time to time, travel to industry events and other
locations may be required. Hours: This position will be required to
work evenings, weekends, and holidays. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other
status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make
reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to
Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment,
including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training.This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at will relationship.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Aurora , Marketing Events Coordinator - Year Round, Advertising , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!