PT Financial Specialist (Teller) Southlands Branch
Company: Fitzsimons Credit Union
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description$1,000 SIGNING BONUS (Paid after 90 days)Pay
Range: $16.10 to $24.15We make our members' lives better every day
by offering affordable financial products and world class service.
Are you ready to work for a company with a mission that includes
knowing our members as individuals, focusing on their financial
needs, advising and advocating for them and exceeding their
expectations? Our vision is to be the recognized leader in our
community and we need YOU to help us!Our Financial Specialist is
like a "bank teller," but so much more! A Financial Specialist
assists members in person making account transactions by providing
efficient, accurate service within the guidelines set in the credit
union policies and procedures. He or she represents the credit
union to our current members by identifying the member's financial
needs and providing the services that will best meet those needs.We
do a lot of outreach to the Hispanic community, so
bilingual/bicultural applicants are encouragedWe are looking for
- Can process deposits, withdrawals and loan payments for members
and can help them troubleshoot any problems on their accounts
- Have a positive, can-do attitude towards all partners, which
includes members, coworkers, and people in our community
- Embody the credit union's values of pride in who we are,
passion for delivering our value-promise every day, every time, to
every partner, and integrity in our words, our actions and our
- Love being in a fast-paced, customer service environment
- Can learn, understand, and apply policies, procedures, and
applicable regulations to banking
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED and some cash
handling experienceRepresents the credit union to our prospective
and current members in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
Maintains thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and
services. Evaluates sales opportunities, makes recommendations, or
offers products and refers members to the appropriate sales staff.
- Assist members and potential members with their credit union
needs in person by promptly, accurately, and efficiently processing
member financial transactions.
- Performs all required identification on checks within approval
limits and provides cash or checks from share and share draft
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of
all Credit Union products and services to deepen member
relationships. Identifies and recommends products/services best
suited for potential and existing members.
- Assists with branch teller duties to include but not limited to
ATM/ITM and night drop transactions, verifying cash/coin shipments,
balancing vault, and performing opening and closing procedures
adhering to security procedures and internal controls.
- Issues cash advances for members and non-members by obtaining
identification and processing transaction and dispensing cash or
- Performs transactions for Shared Branching members following
policies. Consistently follows identification and documentation
procedures for nonmembers.
- Assist members with wire requests to include verification of
funds, wire agreement and identification.
- Completes CTR's for cash transactions exceeding $10k. Provides
CTR's to the Risk Management Department for review, filing and
records retention. Other Duties/Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude toward our
members and other employees in compliance with our Service
- Completes necessary documentation and updates data processing
system appropriately for all member services. Checks accuracy and
prepares documentation for filing.
- Keeps updated research information at their workstation and
secures member information at the close of the business day.
- Tracks cross-sells daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Knowledge
- Knowledge of credit union operations, policies, procedures,
products, and services.
- Requires an understanding of the data processing system
affecting member accounts.
- Requires a Knowledge of all Federal and State laws and
regulations affecting credit unions, operations, and lending.Skills
- Technical. Can operate a computer and use software programs to
input data and type at least 40wpm; able to perform basic
arithmetic, including fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
Ability to learn unfamiliar programs and operate new equipment with
- Positive. Has a positive attitude, being resistant to
- Active Listener. Listens and responds to member's questions
accurately and efficiently.
- Clear Communicator. Able to speak clearly using good diction to
communicate with members and other employees in person, in writing,
and on the phone.
- Self-Starter. Able to identify problem areas and make
independent decisions to resolve problems as they relate to
standard operating procedures.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Detail Oriented. Able to multi-task. Able to detect and trace
errors and make necessary corrections.Education and Experience
- A high school diploma, or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working in customer service
and/or sales, preferably with some cash handling.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Fitzsimons Credit Union, Aurora , PT Financial Specialist (Teller) Southlands Branch, Accounting, Auditing , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!