Tax Accountant II
Company: Semaphore Family Of Companies
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Tax Accountant II is an integral part of the client service
team in addressing a multitude of business, accounting and tax
issues for our clients. Further, the Tax Accountant II works in a
team setting and will work collaboratively to: support the Clients
tax planning initiatives, participate in all tax audits, prepare
tax returns, and research & resolve tax related issues for
business, individual and trust & estate clients.The successful
candidate is a self-starter, has high energy and enjoys being part
of a team of trusted business advisors to our clients and their
business.Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare federal and Multi-state income tax returns for
Corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships & LLCs, Trusts, and
- Prepare tax workpapers that document and support tax return
calculations in a paperless office environment.
- Prepare Clients other tax filings such as: sales & use tax,
property tax, and corporate level tax filings.
- Calculate federal and state quarterly tax estimates for
individuals and businesses.
- Participate in tax audits by various taxation authorities and
assist in resolving tax related issues and notices.
- Assist in performing nexus studies and coordinate the
registration process in new states and jurisdictions.
- Perform various analyses to arrive at tax efficient strategies
and structures in order to maximize tax savings or minimize tax
- Electronically file tax returns.
- Provide tax support across all levels of the Company, including
but not limited to special projects and initiatives.
- Appropriately identify and communicate issues in reporting by
- Communicate with clients regarding tax return information
requests or questions, timing of filing deadlines, and keeping the
client and team informed of project status.
- Research tax laws and regulations.
- Ensure the confidentiality of each client by following all
company procedures regarding information handling.Skills
- Knowledgeable on business concepts and government
- Ability to draft professional emails, business letters, and
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects in a
- Work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines with
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve them to the
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and be able
to listen effectively.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the
- A good memory for data and details.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft business suite,
specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Must be punctual and able to work additional hours during busy
- Be a good listener and exhibit sound judgment.
- Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach
focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.Requirements
- Bachelors in accounting.
- 3 - 4 years of Tax Accounting experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with Tax and Accounting
software programs, QuickBooks and Lacerte preferred.
- Display technical understanding of tax reporting and Internal
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting methods and procedures,
and Book to Tax differences.
- Exceptionally strong MS office skills especially Excel.
- Need to be well organized with a proven ability of successfully
juggling multiple assignments and a strong track record of
Keywords: Semaphore Family Of Companies, Aurora , Tax Accountant II, Accounting, Auditing , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!