Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Posted on: April 10, 2021
What We DoOrthoFi is an innovative, tech-enabled solution that
helps orthodontists start more patients and give them more time to
provide great quality care. Our combination cutting-edge Customer
Relationship Management and robust Revenue Cycle Management system
helps practices grow by over 10% year over year and manages patient
and insurance billing and collections with exceptional collection
results that exceed industry standards. In less than 7 years,
OrthoFi has partnered with over 600 practice locations throughout
the US and has helped over 500,000 patients find quality,
affordable orthodontic care. OrthoFi is headquartered in Denver,
In December 2020, OrthoFi announced its partnership with
Chattanooga based company, OrthoBanc. OrthoBanc has been a
preferred patient payment management solution for orthodontic and
dental practices. Together, our award-winning technologies and
experienced teams will deliver a portfolio of industry-leading
patient acquisition software solutions and revenue cycle management
services. Combining the strengths of the two companies sets the
stage for an evolution of orthodontic practice development with a
spectrum of solutions to fit every orthodontic practice.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are,
supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel
personally and professionally. People who join our community are
self-starters and love a challenge! We're looking for
passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a
fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to
impact people's lives and help to create more smiles every day.
We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization,
demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built
in Colorado's list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado. We
were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of
Denver's fastest growing companies and ranked 164th on the Inc 5000
list of fastest growing private companies in the US!
The OpportunityThis Leader will help drive OrthoFi's financial and
corporate development strategy and have a significant impact on the
company and its future. They will be responsible for providing
forward looking financial analysis and reporting and developing and
implementing robust procedures and business analysis. The
successful candidate will be a hands-on leader that is ready to
roll up their sleeves and dive into the data/ systems/ models/ etc.
themselves. They will ensure a cohesive and consistent approach to
FP&A is taken across the organization and drive continuous
improvement, while making sure variances are understood with
recommended corrective actions communicated to senior leadership.
They will also own M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives
end-to-end, developing insightful analyses and communicating
clearly and compellingly to relevant stakeholders. This position
works with the entire Leadership Team to ensure strategic alignment
between short-term and long-range plans. This position will work
closely with the CEO, Head of Finance, and Accel-KKR, OrthoFi's
world renowned private equity investor.
About YouWe are looking for a passionate and driven individual, who
has a track record of successfully owning projects with measurable
impact from ideation to execution and rollout. You are comfortable
handling multiple and competing projects at the same time,
adjusting your priorities on the fly. You know when to sweat the
details and when to back off and look at the bigger picture. Impact
is what motivates you, so you are always thinking about how to move
things along. You are a detail-oriented, initiative-driven,
quick-learning individual, ready to own responsibilities across
critical functions relating to OrthoFi's organic and inorganic
growth strategies. This person is a highly strategic financial
business partner who brings their financial acumen to every
discussion to ensure the team plans and aligns on the best path
forward. Executive presence and effective communication skills is a
must. The ideal candidate will be an autonomous self-starter who is
capable of driving results without constant direction. You have
strong analytical skills, and familiarity with accounting & key
operational metrics. You should have a professional-growth mindset
and be willing to bring forth innovative ideas and methods that can
benefit OrthoFi and increase shareholder value.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Develop and maintain 'best-in-class' FP&A function
including forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, liquidity
planning, M&A modeling/analysis, Annual Operating Plan (budget)
and 3-year strategic plan.
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drive
ad hoc analyses to provide actionable insights to the leadership
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to improve transparency
and to ensure timely and highly accurate financial reporting.
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive
operational efficiencies and strategic initiatives while scaling
- Building and developing a team of finance professionals,
providing visionary leadership and subject matter expertise while
inspiring high personal accountability and employee
- Drive process related to potential acquisitions and other
strategic investment initiatives.
- Frame questions, analysis and meaningful and unbiased decision
points for executives / stakeholders to make informed, efficient
- Drive preparation of presentations for Board of Directors and
other key stakeholders.
- Act as liaison for relevant critical initiatives, and help
develop and track implementation plans to ensure the right level of
focus and field.
- Can read through vendor contracts and complex transaction
documents and summarize key points and support negotiations.
- Lead teams through M&A and integration activities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, analytics, economics or
- 5+ years demonstrated FP&A and M&A experience as part
of a corporate development, FP&A, investment banking,
management consulting or private equity team
- 2+ years of financial leadership experience.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical,
quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated end-to-end M&A deal transaction experience in
US (international is plus) with a variety of deal sizes and
- Motivated self-starter with advanced problem solving and issue
- Ability to lead multiple projects with tight deadlines, to
follow through to completion and to present conclusions to senior
management in an organized and thoughtful fashion.
- Advanced Excel skills and affinity for managing large and
complex data sets.
- Strategic thinker across competitive strategy, business models
and financial management.
- Familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Experience and demonstrated competency in high-level
negotiations, including reading through contracts and complex
transaction documents to summarize key points to relevant
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with
business partners and cross-functional teams, including influencing
people without direct authority.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a
fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong
independent planning and process management skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills,
including demonstrated C-level and board presentations.
- This role is currently remote due to COVID-19 and we will not
be back in the office until April. The role will have the ability
to work remotely on a regular basis after we return to the
- Great Work-life Balance
- Open and autonomous culture where your ideas are heard
- Flexible Time Off
- Healthcare coverage, including 100% employer paid plans
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401(K) Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open and honest leadership
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress code
- Brand new office
- Work from home and remote capabilities
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Your Next MoveNow that you know more about us and are truly excited
about working for an amazing company, tell us how you can make an
impact at OrthoFi.
Keywords: OrthoFi, Aurora , Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!